• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Jeff Costello

Reaction score
Do you think I should go for beeswax or sand desert boots? I'm torn between the two options, and I would like to know which you find more versatile (to be worn with jeans and khakis). Not sure if I'll be getting them yet, but I want to know for the future.

Last edited:

aussiejake

Reaction score
hey, did anyone tried to paint the soles on the db's?
Why? With the material, that would go terribly.

Do you think I should go for beeswax or sand desert boots? I'm torn between the two options, and I would like to know which you find more versatile (to be worn with jeans and khakis). Not sure if I'll be getting them yet, but I want to know for the future.
Beeswax, this has been answered hundreds of times.

baizb

Reaction score
because I don't like the contrast with the beeswax and it's seems like it takes forever to dirt them up properly. idk, clarks did a decent job with coloring some of the other models... but i guess they don't use shoe paint :D

twombles62

Reaction score
I have both the one in that asos link and some regular beeswax ones. Those are called antique tan. Very nice but different leather. They are less red and less dark than in those photos. More dressy and less scruffy than the beeswax ones. Be careful, asos uses UK sizes annoyingly. So mine from there are half a size big.

jaw4527

Reaction score

Are these beeswax Clarks? The laces are obviously after-market, but the stitching and design looks the same. However the sole looks much darker, don't know if it's been treated or just dirty. I haven't been impressed with most pictures of CDBs but I REALLY like the character and patina on these boots.

any consensus on whether these are regular DBs or bushacres? also, where can i get those laces?

edit - i think these are the laces http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...0~15~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~laces/37560.jsp

Last edited:

Rossdog

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this site: http://www.shop-cora.com/boots-clarks-c-25_69.html?page=4&sort=20a is legit?

I just ordered a pair of Size 11 (it wasn't specified as to US or UK so i assumed since I was buying Clarks, a UK company it would be UK sizing) Desert Mali boots in Beeswax, I instantly recieved conformation email, however after 12 hours my order is still "pending".

I also tried their contact us button in order to change the sizing to a 10.5 however their email bounces and I have had no reply from the message option.

The prices almost seem too good to be true? anyone else think so?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads