• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seamless

Reaction score

Currently shopping for a new DD, but this is the weekend car. I swapped out Big Block 427/4speed and currently have a fuel injected LS2/6 speed manual.

Ls and a t56? That's a nice ride! I am in the middle of Ls swapping a ranger for fun!

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw this video as while back and if I can recall it was driver error not an issue with the clutch or the car itself. Not trying to promote one vehicle over another one or manufacturer over another however, I thought I would add the actual event to the caption rather than let it stand as an argument on why not to buy a particular manufacturer or car. Because it was not a defect on the car or the workmanship rather an idiot not knowing what to do. I will send the poster an email to make sure I am right about what I was told as well as send the link over to Harlan Charles and team that I met last yr at Nelson Ledges race track and get his take and post it here. BTW I did say 2015 as the model yrs:)

Exactly why I would never want a Corvette.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Removed the tints from my car. I like the look. Looks cleaner.

Maybe I'll change my tune re: dem tintz.

Dat fender flare

Edit: finally passed my inspection!
1f64c-1f3fc.png
1f64c-1f3fc.png
1f64c-1f3fc.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f44f-1f3fc.png
1f44f-1f3fc.png
1f44f-1f3fc.png

Last edited:

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sadly every car group has its idiots, no make/model is immune.

Most cars do.

The C5, C6 and C7 have among the lowest barriers to entry to be a douche tho (in the car world).

Saying things like 'driver error' make it seem like the guy was flying an F-35. The guy was a middle aged moron, as was the guy filming it and bragging about cost of the tires.

Many of the people that try to race me stoplight to stoplight are C7 drivers. I've only bit the bullet once - with a C7 ZO6. The guy had a leather Corvette jacket on, propped up sunglasses and the works. He also, literally, tried to race me for more than a half dozen times prior. I was coming back from an Asian diner in a car that seats 5+2 and happened to be electric.

I finally had to wait for him when he pulled up and I gave him a wink and blew him a kiss.My econo-sedan turned out to be somewhat fast. He raced off again.

Last edited:

Restomod

Reaction score

Most cars do.

The C5, C6 and C7 have among the lowest barriers to entry to be a douche tho (in the car world).

Saying things like 'driver error' make it seem like the guy was flying an F-35. The guy was a middle aged moron, as was the guy filming it and bragging about cost of the tires.

Many of the people that try to race me stoplight to stoplight are C7 drivers. I've only bit the bullet once - with a C7 ZO6. The guy had a leather Corvette jacket on, propped up sunglasses and the works. He also, literally, tried to race me for more than a half dozen times prior. I was coming back from an Asian diner in a car that seats 5+2 and happened to be electric.

I finally had to wait for him when he pulled up and I gave him a wink and blew him a kiss.My econo-sedan turned out to be somewhat fast. He raced off again.

I don't doubt that encounter at all. I refuse to associate with guys like that, and have seen the same behavior amongst C5/C6 guys. Here it's Mustangs, most seem to have open pipes/cutouts and are driven like it's stolen. Almost as if it's an inferiority complex to display what they have to other top tier performance cars. Luckily I'm friends with several and know that aren't all bad.

What do you have in the stable?

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't doubt that encounter at all. I refuse to associate with guys like that, and have seen the same behavior amongst C5/C6 guys. Here it's Mustangs, most seem to have open pipes/cutouts and are driven like it's stolen. Almost as if it's an inferiority complex to display what they have to other top tier performance cars. Luckily I'm friends with several and know that aren't all bad.

What do you have in the stable?

I have a boring econo coupe and econo sedan. Both will be replaced soon enough.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know the feeling. I get a lot of guys in Aventadors and 458s revving their engines at the light when I'm in my One-77 or P1.

Seamless

Reaction score

I know the feeling. I get a lot of guys in Aventadors and 458s revving their engines at the light when I'm in my One-77 or P1.

I almost believed this. You guys are at least lucky. All I ever get are civics and rust buckets coming after the audi.

Alpha11

Reaction score
So what do you drive that enables you to leave behind a Z06 with it's tail between it's legs? That car is about a 475+ HP. and 3600 pounds. Qtr mile times should be in the the low 11's at around 114 to 125mph.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Alpha11 - It seems you've never been to Dallas. What was stated is accurate with Corvettes and Mustangs and also with exotics. McLaren's, Ferrari's, Porsche's, AMGs, and all sorts of other cars do it. It is like a rite of passage that you act like a douche in Dallas with a car. Hell GreenFrog used to live there with an M5 and ended up in a curb with a busted wheel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads