• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not quite as pretty a front end as yours but it'll do.

DSC00181.jpg

Shouldn't have chosen the chipped one...

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this just a function of electric motors producing massive power or is this just a nuts idea for a sedan? Because no one needs a 1,000hp sedan.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is this just a function of electric motors producing massive power or is this just a nuts idea for a sedan? Because no one needs a 1,000hp sedan.

would think it’s just easy to add power to electric car, battery is always the problem (can’t have awesome performance for 50 miles only...)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I read that basically anything over 450 HP is far too much even for most people with experience driving sports cars, so they end up backing off and never using higher amounts of power because it is so just far beyond their capabilities. That or you see them in those epic failure video on Youtube.

Finally saw Bad Boys for Life on cable this afternoon. Wife walks in on the scene where Will and Martin are drifting around South Beach in a 992....

“oh is that a Panamera?,” she says.

maybe it has grown too big... ?

The 992 is fine...but when I saw the film, I thought it was a little pedestrian considering in the first film he had a Turbo 3.6, in the second film a Ferrari 550 Maranello, and then in the current film they gave him a basic 911.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My personal experience with hp:

600-ish is usable with modern tech and driver aids. McLaren Sport Series, Lamborghinis, V8 BMW M’s...they put the power down fine in reasonable circumstances and it’s a step above my 400-500 hp cars, yet still feels like a car where you can use most of its performance envelope, albeit on the track or in short bursts on empty streets.

700-800-ish is when you start exceeding the limits in most applications. A 720S or Taycan Turbo...you can really only hammer it with the wheel perfectly straight and the road ahead of you the same.

1000 hp (modded GTR’s, TT Lambos) - i feel like you can only use these on a prepped drag strip. Later BMW’s have this stupid issue with uneven throttle input and spiky torque delivery...i don’t think I’d be interested in a 1000 hp M5.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Last edited:

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind that an electric motor produces torque (and therefore power) in a very different way than an ICE. In most ICEs, you need to rev to a pretty high RPM to get its maximum power. An electric motor on the other hand will lose torque (and therefore power) above a certain RPM, so it will make its maximum horsepower at lower speeds or revolutions, if you have some kind of gearing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would think electric throttle input is very predictable vs gas, no turbo lag, unless 2 gear no extra kick randomly. If you can step on it while going from stationary would think you can step any time.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruh.

RMC Miami (the selling dealer) always has cool sh*t.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
RMC Miami (the selling dealer) always has cool sh*t.

Yeah, My friend has had her Benz S320 for 25 years. and she loves the car. but it is becoming too much to maintain while fighting rust. so i convinced here to replace it with similar. or the same. Low miles,clean.
money saved later.
Her hubby is rich, but she isn't. feel me?
If a clean S320 can be shipped here for 10k. she's in.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of old S class my father still keep his W140 300 SEL (which shared same engine as S320?) for sentimental reason (yes, he got it before the whole naming convention changed, and they only sell long wheel base S class in Taiwan, so maybe 1991?). I'm sure it cost him more in keeping it up and garage than how much it actually worth (I know at least one engine rebuild, definitely over 300k km)

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yeah, She's like that.

A Classy lady. who keeps her Benz for life.
But it is costing more and more to keep on the road.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I played with my father's old s class once, he kept "everything working" (all the soft close too), pretty sure those things are annoying to up keep...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads