• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you tell which of these suits is $300 which is $1500?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
This forum likes to think they are so astute that they could do that from a picture.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a random guess I choose the Navy because of the lapel cut, but I could have just as easily been wrong.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
This forum likes to think they are so astute that they could do that from a picture.

Exactly, but I would also say that there's enough people on here that know so much that they know what they don't know. This thread is an interesting concept.

T1million

Reaction score
Ahhh!
laugh.gif

Suede Chukka Norris

Reaction score
you will never notice much difference on a guy that wears a 40R OTR. Most guys aren't built that way, so you have to pay more to get the proper fit.

Gutman

Reaction score
No2 is slim, but a little better length-wise (ie, a real slim-cut suit) and therefore more likely to be expensive IMHO. No1 looks like it's slightly shorter (ie, wear-a-smaller-size-to-get-the-slimline-look) which suggests less fashion-forward and cheaper. Not much in it though on the silhouettes. Cloth aside, No1 looks pretty good value.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suede Chukka Norris
you will never notice much difference on a guy that wears a 40R OTR. Most guys aren't built that way, so you have to pay more to get the proper fit.

38L. He said it in one episode of HIMYM.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rossocorsa
I'm hoping the first one is the inexpensive one, because that's the one i'd rather be wearing. The second one looks bad - shoulders are ugly and too much creasing around the button.

it's called roped shoulders and he is extending his arms.

i think the second suit is the expensive one because the first one the lapel is not covering some of the breast pocket.

but of course we cannot really tell without seeing it in person from afar, as opposed to in photo 'from afar'

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads