• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buying Fakes

vanity

Reaction score
On the radio this morning they're talking about fake designer bags being sold on the streets and in back-areas of stores. Some callers are calling in regarding their comments on them.

Personally, I find the whole idea of purposely buying a fake anything repulsive. It means you have no style, no real interest in the product, no regard for workmanship, and are just a sheep trying to emulate the others. You don't want the bag, you just want to appear like you have style. If you know about designers, it's easy to spot fakes. These people who buy them are all about "you can't really tell, there's only minor differences..."

Ya, you can. And it's disgusting. I only make around $50k year so I can't afford a closet full of D&G like I'd love to. Instead I focus on the things I can afford and that I love. Maybe one day I'll own a few designer pieces but right now, it's out of my price range. I would never buy a fake one just to appear to others that I have something I do not.

Anyway, that's my rant. I wouldn't even date a woman who knowingly purchased a fake.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
you buy D&G for the workmanship then?

ok....

I like the types of stitching and soft fabrics. Not how sturdy it may or may not be, but the attention to little details here and there.

metkirk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vanity
I like the types of stitching and soft fabrics. Not how sturdy it may or may not be, but the attention to little details here and there.

peepwall[1].gif

trogdor

Reaction score
Personally, I find the whole idea of purposely buying a fake anything repulsive. It means you have no style, no real interest in the product, no regard for workmanship, and are just a sheep trying to emulate the others.

I'm sure that the same could be said for many of the people who buy authentic Louis Vuitton handbags and Burberry scarves. It's just that they happen to be filthy rich.

Surely, if all you care about is a certain logo or emblem, then the people who buy fakes down Reading market are more admirable. There's less of a gap between what they paid and what the item's really worth, so at least they're getting a good deal.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Agreed.

vanity, suffice it to say I find your opinions ******* ridiculous. There is a recent thread on this.

After reading the link, I'm still at a loss to your stance on the topic. You never really offered an opinion, other than referring to one forum as "and they all ******* suck" in between soundbyte-ish cliches about world economics and chinese production.

So suffice to say, I can't say anything about your opinions. Your entire persona seems to be nothing but copied and pasted texts from various live journals.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing tackier than wearing visible labels would be wearing fake visible labels.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
My friend brought me back a fake Yachtmaster about a week ago from New York. I chuckled a bit and put it in my jacket pocket before we went out (I have an eco-drive I normally wear). Late in the night/early in the morning, I drunkenly discovered someone had stolen the $50.00 fake Rolex. I can only smirk at what must have been their mistaken elation with stealing such an expensive watch.

tundrafour

Reaction score
I wouldn't even date a woman who knowingly purchased a fake.
Incidentally, I exclusively date women who buy fakes. Should you and I ever become interested in the same woman in the future, this should really help prevent any awkward situations.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As opposed to the real thing subsidizing child labor, sweatshops, slavery, economic warfare, genocide, and whole bunch of other clearly not nasty activities? Good thing everyone who doesn't buy fakes is a supreme paragon of virtue, or I don't know what we'd do.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh, I guess the joke of my post was lost, and Arethusa read it differently. I don't buy fakes because I've never really seen any where I live. I did buy a bootleg DVD once from Chinatown - didn't work.
plain.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tundrafour
Incidentally, I exclusively date women who buy fakes. Should you and I ever become interested in the same woman in the future, this should really help prevent any awkward situations.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flashdropske