• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Milano Suit (1818 line)

Pahreen

Reaction score
It looks like Brooks Brothers released a new fit for their 1818 line, the Milano, which appears to be slimmer than the Fitzgerald:
Our slimmest fitting suit is inspired by the tailoring trends of the 1960's. It features a shorter jacket with slimmer lapels and our trimmest plain-front trousers which make this suit unique.
I like that these will likely have high armholes and an overall slimmer cut; however, it's too bad that they only one that have available is a 3 roll 2.5 with a center vent. I would probably buy one if they had more fabric choices and side vents. Thoughts?

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just saw this too. I can't figure out their styling, why try to appeal to the younger crowd with the slimmer lapels and high armholes but go 3 button centre vent. Make a damn slim fit 2 button suit already for christ sakes. They just keep beating around the bush like this. Either do it or don't.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
^ Agreed. I don't like the combo they have.

EZ

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ug that 3 roll 2 looks terrible with the lapels... too bad. With 2 buttons and side vents this would be awesome, although it looks even slimmer than RLBL in the pics.

Pahreen

Reaction score
Two-button, side vented Milano released, but only in a brown herringbone. Now, if only they can just do a grey flannel or a solid navy.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pahreen
Two-button, side vented Milano released, but only in a brown herringbone.

Now, if only they can just do a grey flannel or a solid navy.

They have navy and grey suits on the Milano block in Japan. It seems to be quite a popular option at the BB stores in Tokyo and a friend of mine has bought a couple of staple suits on the Milano block.

Here's hoping that they expand the available range in other countries.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is that jacket shorter? It falls at the exact same place on that model's hand as the Regent.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a Milano navy blazer. . .

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
I'd love to see a Milano navy blazer. . .

does BB actually sell sportscoats in the Milano model?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind it - and prefer the 3/2 over a straight 2 anyway.

Since it's "inspired by the 60s", the center vent makes more sense...

jason.wu.05.09

Reaction score
Depending on how well these sell, I hope BB expands the line out -- more suits (esp. more 2-button, side vented ones) and sport coats.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
I went in to get both of these the other day (the 2 color options they offer in the US) only to find out they don't make them in 36R - very frustrating.

Flimsychicken

Reaction score
Just picked up two of these Milano suits (Size 40S) from the BB Clearance center. Same as the two suits that BB has on its website right now here. One in the blue pinstripe (3/2.5 roll) and one in the brown herringbone (2 button). Oddly, both have side vents. Definitely slim, comparable to RLBL, imo. Flat front trousers too. Nice fabrics, on par with your average loro piana or BB Saxxon wools that I've seen. Nice suits. Anyway, these will be for sale this weekend on B/S as soon as I get my camera back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads