1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bouchon LV

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by SField, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I had a sweetbreads dish at Bouchon LV that was unbelievable (and I'm not generally much of an offal guy). Forget the name of it and it was on their chalkboard menu so they might not have it every day. That said, if you see it, you should get it.

I think I might have had the same dish when I was there last. So unctuous.

I would but organ meats kind of trigger my gout since they're so high in uric acid. [​IMG]

Dood, you have gout?

2. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

i get maybe one or two attacks a year. It blows. I'll try it maybe if its available..but just to try not a big serving. have to watch what i eat.

3. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

Reservations made for mid-October. Pretty excited.

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Love the place. Last time I was there was just Mrs. Piob and myself in Feb of this year and we had another great time.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I think I have gout too. I quit drinking beer and I feel fine. It was just the college-like beer intake hurting me I think.

6. erictheobscure

Yeah, but as a small timer, I might have to settle for the vin de carafe :eek:

(Unless I win some money.)

You can get gout with a BMI of like 18?

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I found a nice CdP, Chateau Pegau, on the list for a very reasonable price. We had a great conversation with the asst. somm (younger happa guy, not the older haole with the pony tail) and our waiter (Russian immigrant, studying for his cert somm). They sent us several tastes from open bottles with the highlight being a glass we split from a bottle of 100 Acres.

Btw, pony tail guy is a good guy. He waived the corkage rules (two bottle per party) for a group of us and gave some excellent service.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. erictheobscure