1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Borrelli Shirts Sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Doctor, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Hi all,

I am eyeing some Borrelli shirts online, but I am uncertain as to sizing. I have a number of RLPL dress shirts in which I am a size 15.5. Reports online seem to indicate that Borrelli shirts are very slim fitting. Certainly I can't deal with a narrower shoulder (though narrower body and high armholes are fine).

Any suggestions? Should I stick with my usual size?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

While I have never had a RLPL shirt, Borrelli does cut in different degrees of slimness - although most recent models are not extremely (TF) slim. Im a 15.5 and take 15.5 in all their stuff.

3. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Does it make a difference if the shirts are coming from Italy? I read somwhere that the European ones are slimmer.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats true - but all the shirts I have are from the European market too.

5. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1 on everything Spoo said. If you look on the shopthefinest site, they've got measurements for several Borrelli shirts if you want to take a look. But I've never had to size up in their shirts.

6. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Yes, those made for the American market are a lot bigger in the chest.

7. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I have several RLPL shirts - some in regular fit, some in tailored fit. My perfect shirt that needs no alterations would be the tailored fit for RLPL.

In relation to Borrelli shirts, I'm a size 15 in Borrelli shirts, which fit like a tailored fit RLPL.

8. jodutch

jodutch Member

Luigi Borrelli shirts are made in different sizes - roughly: slim fit, modern fit and classic fit. In general, Italian shirt manufacturers, for whatever reason, do not mention clearly or a shirt is slim fit or not. Borrelli was using DRFS code for their slim fit shirts 2 seasons back. The seller should mention the fit, otherwise it is waiting for trouble.

I start wearing a 15.75-40 regular fit Borrelli shirt, (I have 40 for Canali and Zegna too), which really fits amazing. Lots of sartorial detail, amazing fabrics. I wear it twice a week. My next Luigi Borrelli shirt will be from the (higher end collection) Super Sakellaridis Exclusive collection, which uses fancy Egyptian cottons.

I have been selling Luigi Borrelli shirts on www.tiedeals.com for almost 4 years and barely get any returns. The same for the Luigi Borrelli Sevenfold Ties. Great product, happy customers.

Jorden Boom
    www.tiedeals.com

9. jodutch

jodutch Member

Luigi Borrelli Shirts are available in Classic Fit, Modern Fit and Slim Fit (Borrelli uses actually 4 fits).
    A seller should mention the fit of the Luigi Borrelli shirt.

10. jodutch

jodutch Member

Luigi Borrelli makes dress shirts in four fits. Most shirts for the European market are slim fit or modern fit. Most shirts sold to the US stores are regular fit. My borrelli shirt fits similar to Canali or Zegna. However it fits better, amazing the fit, it's worth the extra $.

I am selling Luigi Borrelli shirts and ties for 4 years on www.tiedeals.com, and get a high amount of return-customers and rarely any complaint. I try to mention carefully the fit on the web site, other wise there might be lots of returns. Also Kiton shirts are great but there is no clear mentioning of the fit, which is a problem.

Regular fit Borrelli shirt should fit you well in the same size as Canali, Zegna, Tom Ford, Isaia.

Jorden Boom
    www.tiedeals.com

11. Mrmikell

Mrmikell New Member

Since you seem to know your way around a Borrelli shirt, try this on for size. I have come across a handsome LB in a pullover style (4button placket) and , while clearly a men's shirt ( placket left, buttons right ) the shirt is sized as an eleven. Any clues to how to translate that to something more familiar to an American buyer? The net has not been friendly to me on this question. Thanks..Mikell