• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borgioli Singlecut and Suede Monk Shoe width??????

miurasv

Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of Borgioli shoes in Size 11, 3 of which I've not worn yet. I tried them on in the shop and they felt ok but most of the shoes I buy feel ok in the shop but when I start to actually wear them for a little while that's when the agony starts by which time it's too late to take them back as they've been worn.

I have wide feet and I wondered if anyone knows what the standard width fitting is for the Borgioli Elite shoes I have in Size 11. I can't find any reference to the width on the shoe. If they are generally a narrow shoe I'll have to put them on Ebay. The retailer I bought them from knows I have wide feet and assures me they'll fit but I'm not so sure. So does anyone know if these Wholecuts and Suede Monk Borgiolis are a wide shoe or not? I really can't tell by wearing them around the house if they are going to give me trouble in normal use or not. Thanks in advance for any replies.

koolhistorian

Reaction score
Probably your feet are different in size from morning to afternoon. On the other hand, if the Borgioli are, as I suspect, Rapid-Blake's, the break-in process can be extremely painfull, and will be longer than Goodyear. You can get them streched by a cobbler and put some shoe stretcher foam on the inside until they are broke in (had this problem with a pair of Martegani, which took around 2 years - 6-7 wears in the meantime because it was too painful to wear them). The italian shoes are on a "sleeker" last than the english, which it translates in the fact that I wear a 10.5 in english (best fit on Tricker's, could wear them one day long out of the box) and a 11(english) on most italians - Santoni, Fr. Rosetti, Stefanobi). Try the stretch, if not put them on e-bay!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics