Best Jeans under $100

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Sator Sartoris, May 11, 2006.

1. Sator Sartoris

Sator Sartoris Well-Known Member

I've looked through a number of the other threads but can't seem to find a consensus under $100 pair of jeans. I'm not very familiar with all the different brands and models out there so a price listing with a recommendation would be helpful.

2. alexpham

alexpham Well-Known Member

For under $100, you can't really go wrong with the standard washes from Levi's or Wranglers. It's not fancy but they're what jeans should be--nondescript and hard wearing.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

If $100 is the limit, I'd look for sale stuff. Try Sak's Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call, and try on the Earnest Sewns they have their. Like $85 at the outlets, but originally some $200.

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

doesnt hurt to check places like tj maxx and burlignton coat... lots of garbage, but i found a pair of double rl selvage jeans for 15.99

5. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

6. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

earnest sewns seem to be going on sale everywhere, so at the moment I would say these are the under $100 pick.

Under $40? Levis

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

For under $100, get three pairs of Uniqlos. Then spend the rest on 12 donuts.

8. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Why are Earnest Sewns going on sale so readily right now, anyway?

9. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I think the department stores were ahead of the curve this time with Earnest Sewn. People were still looking for horrible bootcut washes by 7, True Religion, Diesel, Lucky etc. I think Nieman overbought last year. I bet this seasons ES are selling much better.

10. nino

nino Well-Known Member

If $100 is the limit, I'd look for sale stuff. Try Sak's Off 5th, Neiman Marcus Last Call, and try on the Earnest Sewns they have their. Like $85 at the outlets, but originally some $200.

I second this reccommendation. Ive been on the lookout for some nice sub 100 jeans and I just got a pair of Earnest Sewn Filsons for 70 bucks at Last Call.

11. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

Seconded. Also, Saks Off5th around me carries Paper Denim Cloth, Diesel, Edun, Seven, and some others that are slipping my mind right now at $100 or less. IMO worry less about the specific brand and more about the fit.

Also, check one of those stores that sells old mall-brand stuff. You might get lucky and find some decent jeans there. For example, a week ago I found a pair of Gap 1969 jeans in my size, the old AG-designed, selvedge, Italian-made ones. For ten bucks. I've also seen selvedge US-made RRL raw jeans in such places, albeit never in my size. I wouldn't have looked twice at them before I started reading this forum, admittedly, but I'm glad I do now.

12. Sator Sartoris

There arn't any Last Calls or Off 5th's reasonably close by. San Francisco has a lot of places to get jeans but not cheaply it seems.

13. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Go for the Uniqlos, if you live near NJ. If not then I third the ES.

14. worn down

worn down Active Member

San Francisco has a lot of places to get jeans but not cheaply it seems.

Loehmann's on Sutter St has a bunch of those brands mentioned and I seem to recall that the majority of the prices were under $100.

15. Sator Sartoris

I'm also looking for jeans that have a 30 inseam if that makes a difference.