• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Custom Suits NYC 2010

chas

Reaction score
I actually stumbled into their shop yesterday. Some nice stuff. Quality was good.

For slightly cheaper (though not bespoke) I think that most people would be happy with the neighborhood shops of Duncan Quinn or Freeman's Sporting Club. Both of these boutiques have suits made by Martin Greenfield and have very different house styles.

They made it very clear in Against nature that they are focused on bespoke and that everything is done on the premises. It is a shop that is definitely worth a look for those in NYC. I am curious to hear others opinions.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mccvi
the lack of responses is telling.

FTFY. Everyone on here knows better than anyone on the staff of nymag.com, including the commissioning editor who took the free suit for this pick (allegedly). Or has been groupthinked into reacting too fast
smile.gif

mccvi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I don't think it really matters.
Thank you for contributing nothing.* *the poster mccvi does not now, or at anytime, want a sidekick.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
FTFY. Everyone on here knows better than anyone on the staff of nymag.com
Really? I had never heard of this operation and live only a few blocks away. I don't know if I'm ready to dish out that kind of dough but it's good to know that there is a full bespoke tailor in the neighborhood.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mccvi
Thank you for contributing nothing.*

*the poster mccvi does not now, or at anytime, want a sidekick.

What I mean is, who cares what some silly magazine thinks?

And sorry, I'm not looking for a sidekick either. Anyone who cares what some lowbrow magazine thinks isn't up to the task of being my sidekick
tongue.gif

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Really? I had never heard of this operation and live only a few blocks away. I don't know if I'm ready to dish out that kind of dough but it's good to know that there is a full bespoke tailor in the neighborhood.

Please go take a look. I would love to know what you think. My initial impressions are mixed but tend to be positive. For instance, I was not a huge fan of the ready to wear style of the few pieces that they had out (six working buttons for example). However, because of the fact that their game is bespoke I will not hold that against them.

sw20

Reaction score
Only a handful of private equity or hedge fund partners in Manhattan seem to wear well-tailored suits, shirts, etc (though 100s can easily afford any bespoke suit/shirt from anywhere)

Would figure out which 2-3 tailors seem to have repeat business of those with apparent decent taste and ample resources; it's not that complicated...

chas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sw20
Only a handful of private equity or hedge fund partners in Manhattan seem to wear well-tailored suits, shirts, etc (though 100s can easily afford any bespoke suit/shirt from anywhere)

Would figure out which 2-3 tailors seem to have repeat business of those with apparent decent taste and ample resources; it's not that complicated...

This simply isn't true

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chas
This simply isn't true

You don't seem to be familiar with this poster yet.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
What I mean is, who cares what some silly magazine thinks?

And sorry, I'm not looking for a sidekick either. Anyone who cares what some lowbrow magazine thinks isn't up to the task of being my sidekick
tongue.gif

I wouldn't put much faith in people you meet online either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads