1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Best Cologne for Young Men?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by gametime1, Nov 23, 2009.

1. gametime1

gametime1 New Member

just wondering what some good colognes are for someone in their late teens/early 20's. in 19 right now and about to be 20 in december and have never owned any cologne. I would like something not old smelling like English Leather, maybe something more sweet or fruity. i've got a few sample bottles of the new Marc Ecko cologne which i like, but is it in my age range? I've heard Ed Hardy is good and Gucci Envy too.

2. willpower

willpower Senior member

Go to Abercrombie and try out Fierce cologne. Kinda played out, but younger women love it.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

just wondering what some good colognes are for someone in their late teens/early 20's. in 19 right now and about to be 20 in december and have never owned any cologne. I would like something not old smelling like English Leather, maybe something more sweet or fruity. i've got a few sample bottles of the new Marc Ecko cologne which i like, but is it in my age range? I've heard Ed Hardy is good and Gucci Envy too.

the thing is all the guys your age wear something citrusy or fruity, and when you're older you'll realize you smelled like a sissy. that's why you'll switch when you're older and wiser.

actually, citrusy scents are fine in the summer months, but not now.

if i were to go back in time to my early 20s i would wear grey flannel. it's a very serious, masculine scent and you can find it cheap online. girls will think you have the good looks of a young guy with the maturity and taste of an older one. [​IMG]

4. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

emporio armani got me all the girls, or issey miyake ..

5. jtoddaz

jtoddaz Senior member

If you're going out, Armani Code seems to be pretty popular. Just hope you don't mind smelling like everyone else. I actually like Gucci Envy, I think that'd be a pretty good choice.

6. ArtisticShowcase

ArtisticShowcase Senior member

7. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

David Beckham Cologne would be my recommendation to you though I know considerably less than the pros here.

8. pharrow59

pharrow59 Senior member

john varvatos (the classic one, not vintage)
    issey miyake

9. ArteEtLabore14

ArteEtLabore14 Senior member

I like/use LaCoste Red in the Spring/Summer months, but it's a little too light to use during the dead of winter.

10. enginerd917

enginerd917 Senior member

I like/use LaCoste Red in the Spring/Summer months, but it's a little too light to use during the dead of winter.

x2

lately I've been using armani code or givenchy pour homme (red)

11. superego

superego Senior member

I don't know about the best, but please do stay away from l'eau d'esperation.

12. Flame

Flame Senior member

I used Dior Homme when I was 18...still using it now and I'm 22.

I would it is one of the best readily available scents.

Other ones I can think of:

Dior Homme Sport
    John Varvatos classic (not the new vintage version - in fact classic is quite similar to Dior Homme)
    Bulgari Pour Homme (not groundbreaking but easy to wear and girls don't really care anyways)
    Bulgari Black (if you can find it- discontinued - sweet with hints of smoke and burnt rubber)
    Thierry Mugler Cologne or A-men or Angel (Cologne is super super fresh like just outta the shower, A-men and Angel are scents with alot of wierd layers, but blended perfectly, but hard to pull off, better to get samples and test it out)
    Lacoste Challenge (great for summer!)

Mostly all the Kenzo's are good as well, but they are on the feminine floral side (Air, Amour, the recent Power) but I wear women's perfurmes (No.5 eau premiere and Guerlain Mitsuoko) so to hell with gender bias in colognes.

13. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Hey retards, cologne won't get you laid.

14. superego

superego Senior member

Hey retards, cologne won't get you laid.

Man, you're all over this place tonight...at least you're as consistently retarded though. Kudos!

15. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

Comme Des Garcons