• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best affordable earphones??

rsatmans

Reaction score
If you are talking about IEM then the NuForce - NE-6 is hard to beat in that price range. If you are talking about over the ear open cans the Koss PortaPro. I can't suggest any decent closed cans in that price range. Check out head-fi.org

JuyLe

Reaction score
I own some Brainwavz M4 and they are really good, better than most IEM I have tried, and I did try a lot, sometimes a lot more expensive. If you listen to pop music you might want to get the M2 instead, their sound signature is more "edulcorated".

PooJou

Reaction score
Sennheiser CX-whatever they are up to.

Will be the best $40 IEM forever and until the end of time unless Sennheiser really screw something up. Badly.

kalye

Reaction score

Sennheiser CX-whatever they are up to.

Will be the best $40 IEM forever and until the end of time unless Sennheiser really screw something up. Badly.

Thanks much easier for me to find too..

PooJou

Reaction score

Thanks much easier for me to find too..

Yeah no problems. I get that for the standard consumer - finding something that is good and easy to find is the best.

Let us know what you think of them!

PooJou

Reaction score
These look great too. I think I know where I can find koss now..
Anyone heard of urban ears? R they crap?
Koss KSC75's are great, but they leak noise like hell and provide no isolation for the listener.

Plus I didn't enjoy the ear clip

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JVC HA-FX101 are good too.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been researching head-fi for a few days on this very topic. The names that continue to come up are the vsonic gr99 ($30), vsonic gr02 bass edition ($35) and soundmagic e30 ($38). Just bought the soundmagics and am waiting for them to come in.

Just found these meelectronics cc51 on sale through the 27th for 29.99. They get great reviews, just picked up pair and will compare to the soundmagics

Last edited:

RWK

Reaction score
If you're willing to go a little higher, V-Moda makes fantastic earbuds. I'd recommend the Remix Remote buds—they're comfortable, stylish, sturdy, and the sound quality is excellent for the price, not to mention their customer service is top notch.

Last edited:

PooJou

Reaction score
Man Head-fi sackrides low-end 'giant killer' IEM's like no tomorrow nowadays.

I'm still sticking by the Sennheiser CX-whatever range - they're like to earbuds what the iPhone is to smartphones... "what phone should I get?" - "iPhone"

I've never been impressed with any of V-Moda's stuff either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads