• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Suits - CHICAGO, IL

Floater156

Reaction score
I'm interested in taking the plunge into bespoke suits. I would like to know if any of you have had a bespoke suit made in the Chicagoland area and if so, what was your experience. Was the fit everything you hoped for? If you have pics that you could post of your final purchase that'd be greatly appreciated. Any feedback would be superb. Thanks gents!

mlongano

Reaction score
You are a lucky man to live so close to Chris Despos.

Do a search and you will find people here who have engaged his services.

S. Able

Reaction score
I don't claim to know all of the options in Chicago, but Despos and Montopoli seem to be the class of the Chicago bespoke tailors. Chris is currently working on a jacket for me and I honestly cannot say enough good things about the man.

Floater156

Reaction score
You should post a picture of you jacket here when you're done. I'd love to see the final result.

I don't claim to know all of the options in Chicago, but Despos and Montopoli seem to be the class of the Chicago bespoke tailors. Chris is currently working on a jacket for me and I honestly cannot say enough good things about the man.

ggrooms

Reaction score
Six years ago as Chris was fitting my 2nd suit my wife turned to me and said, "from now on I do not want you to buy clothes from anyone but Chris." I travel from FL to Dallas and Chicago just to work with Chris, and drink and have dinner. If you are going to see Chris then I recommend you approach it as the beginning of a relationship. Some may have him make one suit, and that is fine, but the majority of his clients have been using him for years and decades. I always thought I would have Chris make my more interesting suits as a plain navy suit was just too simple. Well, I have completely changed my mind. Some of my favorite things are my navy blazer, my cotton khakis, etc. I recommend you have him make something you will wear often and over the years add more unique patterns, fabrics, etc. It is a must that you have shirts made, nothing looks better than perfect shirt cuffs w/ a Despos jacket. I have had multiple custom shirts made and none of them fit anything like shirts from Despos. Make an appointment, Chris makes a mean espresso, look at some fabric books, have a beer, and then order your suit. It is a decision you will not regret. Best of luck and call or e-mail anytime with questions, 352-641-6300 or [email protected].

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Six years ago as Chris was fitting my 2nd suit my wife turned to me and said, "from now on I do not want you to buy clothes from anyone but Chris." I travel from FL to Dallas and Chicago just to work with Chris, and drink and have dinner. If you are going to see Chris then I recommend you approach it as the beginning of a relationship. Some may have him make one suit, and that is fine, but the majority of his clients have been using him for years and decades. I always thought I would have Chris make my more interesting suits as a plain navy suit was just too simple. Well, I have completely changed my mind. Some of my favorite things are my navy blazer, my cotton khakis, etc. I recommend you have him make something you will wear often and over the years add more unique patterns, fabrics, etc. It is a must that you have shirts made, nothing looks better than perfect shirt cuffs w/ a Despos jacket. I have had multiple custom shirts made and none of them fit anything like shirts from Despos. Make an appointment, Chris makes a mean espresso, look at some fabric books, have a beer, and then order your suit. It is a decision you will not regret. Best of luck and call or e-mail anytime with questions, 352-641-6300 or [email protected].

rambling to increase your post count, huh?:)

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling I'll say something similar in a few years, because it's not like it's not true.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads