• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Shoe Recommendation

Taylormade

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I think I'm to the point where I need custom made shoes. I had worn Ferragamo 11.5 B for years until I realized they were hurting my feet due to my feet having changed size. Both feet are wider and longer now.

I purchased a pair of AE Strands in 12C but the heel is too wide. I need a C width for the left foot and a AA for the heel. The right foot falls right between BC width and also has a AA heel.

The 12C is an ok solution for now but I want shoes that actually fit properly. What brands or makers do you recommend for this? I live in Orlando, FL but from what I understand, NY or Chicago seem to be the only locations where you can obtain bespoke shoes.

Thanks!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Foster & Son, Cleverley, John Lobb, Gaziano & Girling, and Nicholas Templeman all tour the US. You can check their travel schedule. I use Nicholas for shoes and like his work a lot.

There are also a few makers in NYC, such as E. Vogel. The Armoury and Leffot occasionally host trunk shows with Japanese makers (I think Koji Suzuki's show is next week in NYC). Steffano Bemer just opened a showroom in NYC and they do bespoke.

FWIW, if you're a difficult fit, I think it's useful to work directly with a company where the lastmaker is present (this isn't always a given). Templeman is nice in that regard. The other West End firms don't always host shows with their lastmaker.

Taylormade

Reaction score
Thank you. Will start to do some research. John Lobb in Miami said that it would be about $8000 for the 1st pair. I'm not sure if that's the usual price for bespoke shoes but I knew they'd be expensive.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thank you. Will start to do some research. John Lobb in Miami said that it would be about $8000 for the 1st pair. I'm not sure if that's the usual price for bespoke shoes but I knew they'd be expensive.

Lobb and Foster are on the higher side of things. Most other makers are in the $3k to $4k range.

Maybe also good to separate out the Hermes owned John Lobb and St. James London John Lobb. Both offer bespoke in the US. The Hermes one will even fly to you; the other you have to go to their trunk shows. Both are very pricey though. Between $6k to $8k, as you noted.

bamboo

Reaction score
Hi. Following names popped out of mind.

Saint Crispin's does a trunkshow in many parts of US and is going to open NY shop.
It should be less expensive than full bespoke and they have personalized last service including scraping off the last where needed. You may check out. My only concern is that their original last is wide so it may not be ideal to your feet.

Hiro Yanagimachi (Japanese shoe maker) does trunk show at Leffot.

George Cleverly travels to many cities in US.

Bestetti also visits many cities in US. The guy who takes measurement is CEO but he himself is not a shoe maker. Their novecento line (with your own personalized last) is less expensive than full bespoke.

There are also some shoe makers in Italy or Eastern Europe who can take orders on line based on your self measurement, but you need to be relatively confident about how you measure your foot.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you have probably already found out the wait for bespoke shoe is longer than bespoke clothing and can be as much as a year if things need changing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads