• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Belvest suit (Euro 54)

bslo

Reaction score
Asking $100 shipped. PM me if you're interested.

I purchased this suit new less than three years ago but haven't worn it for at least two years. Soon after I purchased the suit, I lost 45 pounds (which have stayed off). I put the suit on a shelf in my closet, where it's stayed (that's why it's a little wrinkled--nothing a little steam can't fix). It's definitely been worn less than 10 times. The jacket is in perfect condition. The pants are almost in perfect condition. I noticed a little bit of staining on the inside waistband when I was looking over the suit this morning. I have no idea how it got there, but it does not affect the wearability of the pants at all. They're otherwise in perfect condition. In any case, I tried to take a picture of the staining (which didn't turn out well).

As the title indicates, the suit is a Belvest. If you're unfamiliar with the name, check the archives. They're great suits (fully canvassed, handwork, etc.). This suit is a really beautiful blue (not too dark) with lighter blue pinstripes. SUPER 150s extrafine cloth. Retail would be well over $2,000 (check virtualclotheshorse for the latest retail prices--Lance has a few Belvest suits). The shoulders have no padding and the pants are flat front.

The suit was originally a Euro size 56, but I had it taken in. It's now a slim Euro 54, I'd say (but go by the measurements).

Here are the measurements:

Jacket: 1) length--33 from top of collar; 2) sleeves--25 inches, non-working buttonholes (plenty of room to increase sleeve length); 3) shoulders--a little over 18 (remember, they have no padding--so they fit about like 18 1/2 shoulders); 4) chest--about 44 inches.

Pants: 1) waist about 37; 2) inseam about 32 (with 3 extra).

bslo

Reaction score
Sorry, the picture of the inside of the coat that is blurry has a tag that states Extrafine wool, Super 150's.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Question about measurements sent. I'm interested in this but curious if that shoulder measurement is accurate because it sounds very small for a E56... did you measure across the back from seam to seam? Also, did you alter the shoulders?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you Dritzz!!
You are the quickest gun out there!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads