• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beige(ish) suede jacket - fit and styling suggestions please

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Hi, obviously a bit less seasonal, this one.
What are some good ways I can wear this beige/mushroom coloured suede jacket? Think I am channelling a bit of Daniel Craig here? With the navy polo. They seem like a good match but not so sure about the trousers. Here I am trying it with some slim mid blue jeans, slim grey chinos and relaxed fit off-white jeans.

Are the off-white too similar/lacking in contrast?
Any of these looks any good? And how does the jacket fit me? Took a large this time instead of my usual medium because the M felt a good bit too tight. PXL_20220527_144311303.jpg PXL_20220527_144911436.jpg PXL_20220527_144544616.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jacket seems a little wide in the shoulders and long in the sleeves but probably okay? Of those three options, I prefer the jeans. I'd try a lighter top too -- off-white, light tan, or light grey waffle-knit crew-neck or henley, long-sleeve T-shirt, or even a turtleneck in colder weather. Or a light-wash denim or chambray shirt.

SteveMc

Reaction score
It's a nice jacket. I think it fits you rather well. However, the overall look could be much better IMO.
To me this look is a bit dull and can be much more.

I would swap the polo with a white crew neck t-shirt, or a turtle neck, maybe even untacked. Or, if you insist on a button-down shirt, then leave top two buttons open.

Swap the shoes for white snickers. Alternatively Chelsea boots, or other type of casual boot with the jeans folded at the hem.

If you think I'm pushing towards street style, well then, yes because this kind of jacket works best in that style. If you match it with a regular polo, chinos, black derbies - not a good look IMO.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
It's a nice jacket. I think it fits you rather well. However, the overall look could be much better IMO.
To me this look is a bit dull and can be much more.

I would swap the polo with a white crew neck t-shirt, or a turtle neck, maybe even untacked. Or, if you insist on a button-down shirt, then leave top two buttons open.

Swap the shoes for white snickers. Alternatively Chelsea boots, or other type of casual boot with the jeans folded at the hem.

If you think I'm pushing towards street style, well then, yes because this kind of jacket works best in that style. If you match it with a regular polo, chinos, black derbies - not a good look IMO.
So I tried out almost entirely your suggestion, except I don't have any plain white sneakers - tried it with this pair of Adidas Wales Bonners in beige and burgundy that I quite like at the moment. Any good?

PXL_20220601_221423671.jpg
Then also tried it with a grey long sleeve polo and brown suede chukkas because I'd still like to find a way to make it work respectably well with a slightly smarter look.
PXL_20220601_222022502.jpg

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the first outfit. It is coherent.

The second outfit -- I think you need more neatly tailored trousers for this to work well. The jeans are okay but if you want a smarter look, I think you need tailored trousers that drape cleanly.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d take a look at Stoffa’s website for some inspiration.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads