• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barry Birken trousers on STP?

bch

Reaction score
I decided to try some of these (grey wool flannel and brown corduroys) for < $50 per pair. Anybody have any experience with these one way or the other?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bch
I decided to try some of these (grey wool flannel and brown corduroys) for < $50 per pair. Anybody have any experience with these one way or the other?

I have some Barry Bricken trews that I got at Peter Elliot a few years back. They are a black/gray POW plaid with a cranberry winndowpane. I really like the quality and think have held up very well.

pkincy

Reaction score
A very very different pant now than 20 years ago. Than they were sublime.

Today they are OK. I bought a couple of pairs recently from STP. I have only tried them on, but they are not nearly the quality they used to be. Of course if they were they would cost $450 at retail given inflation.

Perry

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
A very very different pant now than 20 years ago. Than they were sublime.

Today they are OK. I bought a couple of pairs recently from STP. I have only tried them on, but they are not nearly the quality they used to be. Of course if they were they would cost $450 at retail given inflation.

Perry

Sorry to hear that. Mine were $350 about 10 years ago, same price as Luciano Barbera, Zanella and Incotex at that time.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have a pair of wool Brickens from STP I purchased a couple of years ago. They're a good solid pair for the money, I think. I have no knowledge of their past quality, but I would buy again at STP prices.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair from about 10 years ago and they are still perfect after 3 wearings a month. The materials and workmanship are as good as my purple label pants and these pants have been through every climate in Chicago without an issue.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one pair, also purchased from STP. They're of middling quality; after a few wearings, the back seam came open, which was easily repaired. Since then they've been trouble-free and a reasonably comfortable pair of trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads