1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Baron Boutique

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Augusto86, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Sean Penn's Mexican love child

I've seen several links lately to this 'Baron Boutique' place, which I guess is in Nepal or something. Apparently Jovan's a big fan. Anyone else have experience with this brand/service/quality/construction, etc?
    Seems sort of like Jantzen for suits.
    I'm just looking for information.

2. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

I've seen several links lately to this 'Baron Boutique' place, which I guess is in Nepal or something. Apparently Jovan's a big fan. Anyone else have experience with this brand/service/quality/construction, etc?
    Seems sort of like Jantzen for suits.
    I'm just looking for information.

I second this request for feedback. I'm dying to get a linen suit (for no good reason really) and they have one for $199 shipped where you specify pretty much anything you want (i was thinking navy blue linen, 3btn, side vents, ticket pocket, etc.). is this too much of a gamble?

3. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

I'd say it's too much of a gamble. Cheap linen is really, really bad. You won't want to wear it.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I can't say anything of their linen's quality since I haven't bought any, but given I've been satisfied with their cotton shirtings and wool suitings so far, I don't think it'd be that much of a gamble.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I can't say anything of their linen's quality since I haven't bought any, but given I've been satisfied with their cotton shirtings and wool suitings so far, I don't think it'd be that much of a gamble.

Could you tell us more? Maybe post some pics?

6. visionology

visionology Distinguished Member

Yeah I'd like some pics too.

7. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Sorry I never actually got back to this thread before. My Baron shirt you guys have seen in my old avatar somewhat, but here are a couple pictures. They don't show all that much detail, but I can assure you the fit is good. Only thing is that their buttons seem kind of cheap; I'll ask them next time about mother of pearl. The collar has held its shape well, however, and I like that I don't need the removable collar stays I requested (which were also somewhat cheap) since it's quite stiff on its own. If you prefer less fusing, I suggest telling them that. [​IMG] [​IMG] Now as for the suit, I only have a couple pictures of myself in it, and it's just the vest and pants. Sorry, I know the jacket is the most important part to some of you. I'll get some pictures eventually if I can get the damn camera working again. Note that the pants have a lower rise than I should have gotten. That mistake was my own in measuring, hence why they're a bit tight in the seat. I'll probably let out the waist a bit. The vest is perfect, I only needed to tighten it a bit. Now, as for the jacket, I was impressed. Keep in mind that their default for sleeve buttons is waterfall, and the cut of the pocket flaps is somewhat unusual -- rounded facing the front, and then squared off on the other side. So, let them know exactly what you want, especially with the cut (tightness of armholes, waistedness, etc.). The pockets inside were well done, and I even saw that they sewed in some extra buttons, just in case. As well, the pants had some nice features such as a scuff guard at the bottom of the hem facing the heel, a hidden change pocket sewn into the waistband, and a crotch piece for durability. The thing to remember is that the pants come with a button tab at the top of the fly, so again, specify if you want something else. It also didn't hurt that they thought of people who like to wear vests alone, as it came with a chest pocket inside (and you can probably get more if you ask). [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dmax

Dmax Distinguished Member

Thanks for sharing Jovan. Which model of the suit you have from their website.?
    They seem to have a dozen of different suit models and not enough information on what makes them all different besides the cost.