• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baron Boutique

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I've seen several links lately to this 'Baron Boutique' place, which I guess is in Nepal or something. Apparently Jovan's a big fan. Anyone else have experience with this brand/service/quality/construction, etc?
Seems sort of like Jantzen for suits.
I'm just looking for information.

polarbear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I've seen several links lately to this 'Baron Boutique' place, which I guess is in Nepal or something. Apparently Jovan's a big fan. Anyone else have experience with this brand/service/quality/construction, etc?
Seems sort of like Jantzen for suits.
I'm just looking for information.

I second this request for feedback. I'm dying to get a linen suit (for no good reason really) and they have one for $199 shipped where you specify pretty much anything you want (i was thinking navy blue linen, 3btn, side vents, ticket pocket, etc.). is this too much of a gamble?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's too much of a gamble. Cheap linen is really, really bad. You won't want to wear it.

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I can't say anything of their linen's quality since I haven't bought any, but given I've been satisfied with their cotton shirtings and wool suitings so far, I don't think it'd be that much of a gamble.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jovan
I can't say anything of their linen's quality since I haven't bought any, but given I've been satisfied with their cotton shirtings and wool suitings so far, I don't think it'd be that much of a gamble.

Could you tell us more? Maybe post some pics?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Sorry I never actually got back to this thread before. My Baron shirt you guys have seen in my old avatar somewhat, but here are a couple pictures. They don't show all that much detail, but I can assure you the fit is good. Only thing is that their buttons seem kind of cheap; I'll ask them next time about mother of pearl. The collar has held its shape well, however, and I like that I don't need the removable collar stays I requested (which were also somewhat cheap) since it's quite stiff on its own. If you prefer less fusing, I suggest telling them that.
75692928_30d7525e7b.jpg
nc5.jpg
Now as for the suit, I only have a couple pictures of myself in it, and it's just the vest and pants. Sorry, I know the jacket is the most important part to some of you. I'll get some pictures eventually if I can get the damn camera working again. Note that the pants have a lower rise than I should have gotten. That mistake was my own in measuring, hence why they're a bit tight in the seat. I'll probably let out the waist a bit. The vest is perfect, I only needed to tighten it a bit. Now, as for the jacket, I was impressed. Keep in mind that their default for sleeve buttons is waterfall, and the cut of the pocket flaps is somewhat unusual -- rounded facing the front, and then squared off on the other side. So, let them know exactly what you want, especially with the cut (tightness of armholes, waistedness, etc.). The pockets inside were well done, and I even saw that they sewed in some extra buttons, just in case. As well, the pants had some nice features such as a scuff guard at the bottom of the hem facing the heel, a hidden change pocket sewn into the waistband, and a crotch piece for durability. The thing to remember is that the pants come with a button tab at the top of the fly, so again, specify if you want something else. It also didn't hurt that they thought of people who like to wear vests alone, as it came with a chest pocket inside (and you can probably get more if you ask).
vestpants1.jpg
vestpants2.jpg

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Jovan. Which model of the suit you have from their website.?
They seem to have a dozen of different suit models and not enough information on what makes them all different besides the cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads