• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balmain - Authentic or Fake?

reganjs

Reaction score
First and foremost I'd just like to say hello to everyone on the forum. I've been looking around here for a bit now and decided to join the forum. I unfortunately was not sure where to post this thread so I apologize if it's in the wrong section.

My dilemma is in two articles of clothing I have recently purchased online: I waited too long to buy them from ssense so I had to resort to eBay. When I finally found them I snatched them up. One being a pair of ivory biker trousers and the other being a biker inspired sweater. Both articles of clothing feel 'cheap.'

My doubts towards the clothing are the flowing:
- The construction of each item is poor
- The seams are already fraying in many spots and it seems as if some parts of the clothing were just stitched together by a single thread
- The overall construction and style of the sweater isn't exact
- The Balmain tags on the top aren't identical to my other Balmain pieces
- The wash tags look cheap compared to my other ones!
- Finally the buttons on the top of the sweater are held on with a single thread and seem as if I could crush them in my hand. They feel like plastic not aluminum

I'll attach photos below as I am on my mobile.

Thanks a lot guys I appreciate any help, maybe I'm just crazy.
-RJS

reganjs

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics