• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirsammyd

Reaction score
Trying to organise some luxire trouser/chinos now, thankyou JM, GN and others for your assistance.

I was also keen to get some luxire chinos. I really really want a nice light tan pair with side fasteners. but all the measurements ended up putting it into the too hard basket. Also I don't have a pair of chino I really like the fit of to use as a reference. I was thinking of forking out and buying some chinos from Herringbone or MJ Bale and getting them altered to fit and then using those as reference? I'll be interested to see what you think of the luxire chinos and how they fit.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is true only if you look at them as nothing more than timekeeping devices. Otherwise a confoundingly stupid assertation.

This is an almost infuriating statement to have to respond to, since I've already clarified several things, but since we're throwing out 'confoundingly stupid' as a statement, I guess you missed the point of what I was saying. So I'll use dot points, because they're easy to follow:

1) If you're wearing something that's beautiful and that's what you like - fine, if you think wearing heritage on your wrist is fun - fine, if you want something because it has allure for you - fine, etc.
2) If you instead emphasise that the watch is awesome because it's not only outdated technically, but not as accurate as something cheaper and more accessible that's an insane position to take

It's remarkable how similar watch enthusiasts are to hipsters. The love for the past they haven't experienced, the irony of a device so remarkably outdated in many ways, the sneer and scorn as the masses that ' don't get it' and are 'confoundingly stupid', the utter lack of self-awareness, emathy or humour when it comes to discussion their favourite topic, the materialism so thinly vieled by excuses. It's funny, to me.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankyou very much couldnthaveknown. That second Seiko is quite elegant.

On luxire. I did a shirt order, but I wasn't quite happy. I gave them the exact measurements for my Gitman Vintage Small, from gitman vintage. I couldn't do up the collar, and it was way to tight, almost couldn't do up the bottom button. I'm a bit confused with what to do. I do plan on getting some Thomas Mason shirts from Cottonwork made up. Any experince with cotton work?

Email them, they'll possibly replace it - especially if they didn't get the measurements right. Mistakes are made, and there are plenty of examples of them sorting their customers out when they do happen.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we've well and truly flogged the watch discussion lads. Lets move on to something else eh?

Look, Jason, I'm not done calling the kettle black.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think we've well and truly flogged the watch discussion lads. Lets move on to something else eh?

I've got 3 new Kamakura shirts coming 1 standard white cutaway, 1 x linen blue chambray and one of the knit shirts, which appear to be a pique knit shirt with a proper collar and cuffs, should be good under casual blazers when dressed down with denim.

Nice! Don't worry if the knit shirt seems too big at the start. The medium was too big on a friend until the first wash. It now fits perfectly.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a Lands End OCBD on the way. Soon I will be just like your average American in Central Park.

Which one did you get? I have a couple of them which I am very happy with, I would also recommend the BB OCBD's. By the way anyone read anything extra on when BB is opening in Oz?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just picked these up for $60 from Trenery outlet too, so thanks to whoever linked that field jacket this morning.

Yeah I had a look also saw the same CR jumper I have just worn an elbow out on, not a bad price. Still useful at this time of year in Canberra. (sigh)

Last edited:

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

Thankyou very much couldnthaveknown.  That second Seiko is quite elegant.

On luxire. I did a shirt order, but I wasn't quite happy. I gave them the exact measurements for my Gitman Vintage Small, from gitman vintage. I couldn't do up the collar, and it was way to tight, almost couldn't do up the bottom button. I'm a bit confused with what to do. I do plan on getting some Thomas Mason shirts from Cottonwork made up. Any experince with cotton work?

Cottonwork is the ****. Just ad .75cm to every measurement to allow for shrinking. Just ordered 2 linens from them.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cottonwork is the ****. Just ad .75cm to every measurement to allow for shrinking. Just ordered 2 linens from them.

Thanks Prof. Want some perfect fitting shirts. Plan on copping a few shirts. Need to get measured or something.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After 4 months of not sending me anything Cottonwork finally sent the shirt I ordered after I asked for my money back.

I was so furious by the time I arrived I sent it back.

quar

Reaction score

It's remarkable how similar watch enthusiasts are to hipsters. The love for the past they haven't experienced, the irony of a device so remarkably outdated in many ways, the sneer and scorn as the masses that ' don't get it' and are 'confoundingly stupid', the utter lack of self-awareness, emathy or humour when it comes to discussion their favourite topic, the materialism so thinly vieled by excuses. It's funny, to me.

You are an idiot.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to start the whole watch thing again, but I am totally on Quar's side. Where Matt sees scrap metal, I see artisanal perfection. I say this with the belief that taking sides will diffuse the situation for good.

Last edited:

quar

Reaction score
You guys should quit now at life if you don't understand why the same people who participate in a Clothing Forum may have an interest in mechanical watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads