• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Picked one up for $500. So not too bad I guess?
Really liking the strong roped shoulders, waist suppression and MoP buttons. Slim fit Drop 7. What would you say the quality is in line with?

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
^^Picked one up for $500. So not too bad I guess?
Really liking the strong roped shoulders, waist suppression and MoP buttons. Slim fit Drop 7. What would you say the quality is in line with?

Well it's pretty much a Mabro suit. Read what other SF'ers think of Mabro here.

The Sarti D'Italia I tried on a long time ago was very slim fitting..I had to upsize to a 54 as the 52 fitted me like glue. I've lost weight since then though.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ o.o Better than Canali and Corneliani? Hmm arm holes could have been a little higher though.

JTA

Reaction score
The one that I had a first hand experience was very good. Fully canvassed, conservative with lots of handworks.

If you can get it for $500 in a bricks and mortar within Australia, you can say that you have a jackpot there.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A word of caution for any business travellers. I used the hotel computer at the Collins Hotel in Hobart on Friday to access my gmail account. When I got home that night i found that my account had been hacked from China and they had used my address book and sent mail to span a couple of hundred recipients. I spoke with a friend who is an IT geek and he thinks that the computer I used had a key stroke tracker trojan. Wonderful.

Spent the morning sending emails advising people that I have not begun an IT venture capital company.

On things sartorial I did buy a very stylish blue and gold striped tie at the Shirt Studio on Bourke St.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHECKstar
You wouldn't know what price shoes start from? I am starting to think that I will never get a perfect fit in shoes.

Very affordable. MTM and bespoke shoes for less than $1,000. Just a few hundred for MTM. I'm planning on a pair of bespoke shoes from them and possibly building up with them from there.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Strand hatters

There's a nice hat shop in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains also, though I can't for the life of me remember their name. Nice selection of fedoras and other hats, many of them made in England and Ireland. They had a good selection of gloves (some Dents), too, when I was last there.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Strand hatters
Not impressed with Strand Haters, last time I was there the service sucked and they didn't know much about hats, the place has changed hands in the past few years. The original owners were quite knowledgeable, the Australian mentioned a Jonathan Howard in Double Bay. The Katoomba store mentioned does have a couple of specific models of Akubra's that only they stock.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
There's a nice hat shop in Katoomba in the Blue Mountains also, though I can't for the life of me remember their name. Nice selection of fedoras and other hats, many of them made in England and Ireland. They had a good selection of gloves (some Dents), too, when I was last there.

Four Hats Providores

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the suit I got down at Azzaro.
IMG_0741.jpg
Do you think the cuffs are currently too small to be SF approved?
IMG_0745.jpg
laugh.gif
Those patches are crap on my mirror I couldn't be arsed to clean up.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin
A word of caution for any business travellers. I used the hotel computer at the Collins Hotel in Hobart on Friday to access my gmail account. When I got home that night i found that my account had been hacked from China and they had used my address book and sent mail to span a couple of hundred recipients. I spoke with a friend who is an IT geek and he thinks that the computer I used had a key stroke tracker trojan. Wonderful.

Spent the morning sending emails advising people that I have not begun an IT venture capital company.

On things sartorial I did buy a very stylish blue and gold striped tie at the Shirt Studio on Bourke St.

Wish I'd known you were going to Hobart - possibly best menswear shop in Australia is in Hobart

see this post:: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...rt#post3818600

__PG__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Here's a pic of the suit I got down at Azzaro.
IMG_0741.jpg

Looks great. I might have to post some of my suits now. What shoes are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads