• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NikG

Reaction score
Shame we don’t have local access to more brands, like Vass and Carmina.
Carmina is pretty cheap directly from their own site with the VAT deduction and free shipping. It’s $520 for a pair of their calf leather shoes and $920 for their cordovan. Doubt they’d be cheaper if sold here, more likely be few hundred more expensive.

Contango

Reaction score
Carmina is pretty cheap directly from their own site with the VAT deduction and free shipping. It’s $520 for a pair of their calf leather shoes and $920 for their cordovan. Doubt they’d be cheaper if sold here, more likely be few hundred more expensive.
More so the ability to try the sizing for different lasts that I find hard. I have very narrow, difficult to fit feet (often come right out at the heel).

boot_owl

Reaction score
More so the ability to try the sizing for different lasts that I find hard. I have very narrow, difficult to fit feet (often come right out at the heel).

from what I understand, carmina in particular started being less friendly towards its retailers in order to move to a direct to consumer model. I believe double monk used to stock them while the blue works may be stocking them soon.

At the risk of self promotion, I understand there is a local retailer offering Chinese made MTO handwelted shoes for ~$500 usd. There are also goodyear welted brands like thomas George collection and huntsman leather (though the latter is effectively a very stock standard Bespoke Factory private label)

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
from what I understand, carmina in particular started being less friendly towards its retailers in order to move to a direct to consumer model. I believe double monk used to stock them while the blue works may be stocking them soon.

At the risk of self promotion, I understand there is a local retailer offering Chinese made MTO handwelted shoes for ~$500 usd. There are also goodyear welted brands like thomas George collection and huntsman leather (though the latter is effectively a very stock standard Bespoke Factory private label)
I have also heard of this local brand. Word is that the owner is an okay bloke.

I have heard the same about Carmina. That they tended to undercut their retailers. Same with GG.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dude... tell us more about this Chinese made MTO thing your ‘friend’ has got going ?

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Dude... tell us more about this Chinese made MTO thing your ‘friend’ has got going ?
I'd look up House of Agin on your favourite search engine. There are in person fittings available in Sydney where you can see the shoes and try on for size.

I've seen the shoes in person. Design, leather selection, and construction all seem on point Definitely pinches above the asking price.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Church's make some great shoes but to imagine they

Self promotion on SF, never! ?

conqueror

Reaction score
has anyone ever ordered from cettire? are they essentially a middleman, or similar to yoox? they were utterly clueless when i asked them about something they supposedly have in stock...

sensuki

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about "Profile Tailor" / Pino Curcio in Elsternwick, Melbourne? I was talking to the husband of one of the alterations tailors I use and he recommended them and said they do bespoke. Have done a search and can't really find much info on them either.

Suit_newbie

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much Roger's Shoe Repairs charges for topys, and whether he is still recommended for cobbler services?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much Roger's Shoe Repairs charges for topys

No idea about that specific place, but Topy soles are pretty cheap to fit. I haven't had any done for a while but I think the last pair I had done cost $30.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20210427_095944.jpg
wear tweed to work day

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads