• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attire for the male members of a wedding party.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really struggling to take this whole thing seriously. But I will try. . . . no, I can't. This is just too over-the-top. Top hats and white kidskin (yes, kidskin, they have to be kidskin) gloves during the wedding?!? Especially when it is effectively indoors? I will admit that the amount of, uhm, decorum you are planning is a little outside my experience. But I suspect it is a little outside the experience of anyone now living.
I'm also unsure about the color for the trousers, but they will almost certainly be either a grey or buff color, and most likely striped (or possibly checked). The silk top-hat will almost certainly be in colors to match or compliment the trousers.
eh.gif
You are contemplating a buff top hat? Or, if I am reading this correctly, possibly a striped top hat?!? If this is for real and you really are this guy's friend, you really should help him talk the bride's parents down to something a bit more dignified. And I shudder to think what the bridesmaids must be wearing. On the other hand, if you have secretly nursed a grudge against this guy ever since he picked you last for his dodge-ball team in grade school, I say go for it.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could please stop hitting the "enter" key after each sentence. Who does that?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by COS
EXCELLENT point. I think it's really important that you said that. In answer to your (possibly rhetorical) question, a former high school English teacher, but only when he's posting on internet forums. He finds it makes things easier to read.
It doesn't. For instance, I always try to post a helpful response to any question here as long as it's not too dumb or out of my scope of knowledge. However, I failed at this one, because I didn't want to read all that. Had it been organized into paragraphs like it should've been, I'd probably have read it.

COS

Reaction score
Well, I understand, and will try my best to live without what could've possibly been a brilliant contribution from you.
I'm very sorry that things have turned out like this.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by COS
Well, I understand, and will try my best to live without what could've possibly been a brilliant contribution from you. I'm very sorry that things have turned out like this.
You have quite an attitude, don't you?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tony Romo
Could please stop hitting the "enter" key after each sentence. Who does that?
People who are properly and highly educated, that's who. Back to school Romo.
teacha.gif
Cos, Welcome to Styleforum. You should be aware that a lot of members here can barely read, let alone comprehend the contents of a cereal box. The rest of us will be too tired at the end of a day to go through all of these details, but you have my sympathies.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
COS, thank you. Please be patient. We have a lot of members here who do indeed know the world of bespoke and can answer your questions. Depending on their time zones, they will contribute I am sure. Give it 24 hours and I'm sure you'll get some quality responses.
You put a lot of effort into the originating post, and it will be recognized.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by COS
In response to acecow, I think that any attitude that I may have displayed has a decidely more positive aspect to it than the attitude displayed by certain Senior Members who have responded to my thread.

I was kidding more than anything, but whatever floats your boat. This is an internet forum, what do you expect? Don't get your panties in a bunch over silly responses if you decide to stay here and learn something; most reponses here are like that. And MOL is right, I'm still at work too tired to read or answer any questions over 3 lines tall. Good luck with your (I presume) wedding. I promise to read this tomorrow and even contribute something positive if I can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads