• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Two Follow-ups, Too Many?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I did a second interview for a position on April 18th. It went very well and the individual said that he would get back to me no matter the decision. I hadn't heard anything and sent a follow-up/thank you email on May 5th. He immediately replied back, said he appreciated the sentiment and said that the position has kind of taken a back seat because they were major sponsors of a big event in town and he would get in touch with me as soon as the event finished which was May 13th.

Well it has been two weeks and I haven't heard anything from them yet and as far as I know the position is still open.

Do I send another email or just wait?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since a significant amount of time has passed since the event, I would say a gentle nudge as a reminder would be fine.

Curious - what kind of a position was it?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They probably don't have great interest in you and are seeing if someone else is out there. That being said, they don't hate you or he would have gotten back I assume. I'd send another email just in case. It can't hurt.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's an ad agency, so I don't see why you shouldn't be promoting yourself repeatedly (but politely) to them. I've seen small companies (and large ones) take a long time to hire... priorities often shift. I personally know my resume is tacked to the wall in a manager's office at a global company, for a local role, and they'll call me every few months to let me know they're still working on the position...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads