• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are there any good tailors in Central Florida who are Italian or familiar with Italian style suits?

TJSD

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post. I actually joined to ask this question. I live in the Orlando area. I moved here from Ohio. My tailor there, his father was Italian and grew up to be an excellent tailor and passed it down to him. If I said I wanted a slim suit (and I do have a slim build with large scapulas, a strong V shaped torso, and broad shoulders) he knew exactly what to do. He barely took any measurements. He had such a good eye for it and he never, EVER, gave me something that didn't look straight out of Fashion TV the first time I tried it on.

Since I have moved down to Florida I have had horrible luck. I have recently had 2 tailors have a go on 2 new suits. One did am excellent job but I had to push very hard for them to do what I want. They wanted the pant legs so long they wod scrunch at the ankle and we're OK with leaving the jacket cuffs too small so the French cuffs crinkle a little, after I asked to let them out a half inch. The other one was very friendly did an excellent job, did exactly what I asked, no questions....... But she also needed me to tell her everything. She just doesn't have the same eye for it that old tailor did where he just knew what to do.

I am wondering, are there any good tailors who are either Italian, of Italian descent, or are familiar with the art, and it is an art, of Italian tailoring, in the central Florida area. I don't mind a bit of a drive but I would love to have anything close to the relationship I had with my old tailor, and that they truly have an eye for good, sleek, modern shape and measurements.

Thank you all so much!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads