• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arden Reed - Kickstarter

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Likely to be total crap and sold by an outfit with minimal knowledge. Had they been other than either the website would have been something more than an advertising sketch.

rjgage

Reaction score
I don't usually spend time reviewing things on the internet, but my experience with Arden Reed was so bad I feel compelled to write about it to warn others.

To begin with, the tailor truck was tricky to find. AR claimed the location was posted daily on their Facebook page, however this is not the case. But whatever, after lengthy back and forth with AR customer service I managed to find it. I then spent 45 minutes getting laser measured, and then because apparently they don't trust the laser I was hand-measured. With all this measurement happening, I thought surely they would get the fit just right. When I was finally done I climbed down from the back of the truck with no idea what the final cost of the options I had selected would be since the pricing scheme is totally opaque.

Weeks after paying, AR shipped the suit to my billing address without confirming with me what address it should be shipped to. Usually stuff that gets sent to my billing address (a no-doorman apt in Flatbush Brooklyn) gets stolen. I didn't know about this before inquiring to customer service because they were not proactive and I didn't have any tracking information for the package. But this time I lucked out and managed to get my hands on the suit.

When I tried it on, it was too small. Not like a matter-of-preference question of fit but rather WAY too small like a clown suit. My arms stuck out of the jacket sleeves showing several inches of forearm. I'm not sure why this happened because extensive measurements were taken in the truck. I tried on jackets in the truck for shoulder fit, and I selected one that fit correctly. It was almost as if they subtracted 3 inches across the board from every measurement they took of me.

Luckily, they have a 'perfect fit guarantee'. Whew! I can just send it back to them and they'll fix it, right? Nope, the 'perfect fit guarantee' means that you get to go out and find a tailor, take AR's work to it, spend more time being measured, and then pay for the necessary alterations out of your pocket to be reimbursed by Arden Reed at some later date. WAT?

Everyone I dealt with at AR was very nice, the problem is that the systems, processes and policies they have in place are completely Bush-league. They are trying to fix something that isn't broken and making it worse. My advice: stick to the old proven methods and get your suit made by the Ukranian guys on 5th Ave.

Off My Rack

Reaction score
I love how the "reviews" on this company, good and bad, are by posters with < 10 posts, and mostly just posts in this thread. Plus there are no pictures to confirm any of the claims regarding fit/quality. Highly entertaining.

rjgage

Reaction score
I don't have elite status on styleforum because I'm not a fashionisto. I'm just a guy trying to get a passable business suit. The attached picture shows how the fit came out.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't have elite status on styleforum because I'm not a fashionisto. I'm just a guy trying to get a passable business suit. The attached picture shows how the fit came out.
Wow! Awesome fit. Maybe take a little off the sleeves?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads