• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone has Isaia Aquaspider feedback/experience?

doro89

Reaction score
Does anyone have real experience with aquspider suits? I found one on eBay super 160 aquaspider that looks great and fits me very well. My only concern is the breathability of the suit because of that Teflon coating. My body “runs hot” even in the winter.

I’ve tried searching google, YouTube, forums, Reddit, but no actual reviews from a person who owns one.

Thank you.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Is it the same charcoal one that's been there for months? For whatever reason, the aquaspider line seems to sell poorly on ebay. I am sure the suits are perfectly decent.

doro89

Reaction score
Is it the same charcoal one that's been there for months? For whatever reason, the aquaspider line seems to sell poorly on ebay. I am sure the suits are perfectly decent.
It’s gray windowpane, it’s beautiful. I actually tried it again today and realized area by the arms/bicep/shoulder is pretty tight and and created weird looking crease, I’m assuming it has to do with shoulder/chest width. Other Isaia I tried same size but different measurements fits better. shoulder 17.75 vs 18.

Also, it seems they make lower level suits for outlets or something. One suit has extra fabric on the collar and the back of the collar is colorful, as well all the buttons have coral engraving and button holes are more prominent/thicker. The other suit has non of this.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
They definitely seem to make different quality lines, but IIRC even their base line is fully canvassed. I might be wrong. With all that said, if it doesn't with great on your shoulder then it's probably not worth buying. Also, IMO, super 160s is too fine for regular wear.

doro89

Reaction score
They definitely seem to make different quality lines, but IIRC even their base line is fully canvassed. I might be wrong. With all that said, if it doesn't with great on your shoulder then it's probably not worth buying. Also, IMO, super 160s is too fine for regular wear.
Thank you for the feedback! 160s doesn’t really bother me, I wear a suit 4-5 times a year. Looking for something light weight yet sharp looking. Most websites don’t mention anything about fabric weight. Really tired of ordering and returning.

On a side note, was disappointed with Pal Zileri, their $2400 ($1600after sale) suit was underwhelming in terms of attention to detail compared to Canali. Especially button holes seemed unfinished with white fabric sticking out.

doro89

Reaction score
Teflon??

Yummy, all those cancer-tastic chemicals wrapped around and in direct contact with your entire body sounds so luxurious.

Personally, I find smoking more pleasurable.
Yeah I found out after I ordered. Really puts me off. To cover a nice 160 fabric in something synthetic? go figure.

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I found out after I ordered. Really puts me off. To cover a nice 160 fabric in something synthetic? go figure.

Saw you just posted again while I was typing mine...

If, as stated, you will only be wearing it 4-5 times a year; at least the health aspect won't be too much of a concern (also, store it in its own bag the rest of the time so it isn't much leeching into your air/other clothes in the closet).

doro89

Reaction score
Saw you just posted again while I was typing mine...

If, as stated, you will only be wearing it 4-5 times a year; at least the health aspect won't be too much of a concern (also, store it in its own bag the rest of the time so it isn't much leeching into your air/other clothes in the closet).
It’s anyway doesn’t fit well, so I’m returning it. It does look great though. I have been hunting for a perfect suit for over 3 years. Still no luck :(

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s anyway doesn’t fit well, so I’m returning it. It does look great though. I have been hunting for a perfect suit for over 3 years. Still no luck :(

We are in the same boat... but I don't even need "perfect", simply adequate.

This absolutely stupid trend of working sleeve-buttons on RTW jackets has been a complete catastrophe for the poor and thrifty secondary-market buyer.

doro89

Reaction score
We are in the same boat... but I don't even need "perfect", simply adequate.

This absolutely stupid trend of working sleeve-buttons on RTW jackets has been a complete catastrophe for the poor and thrifty secondary-market buyer.
How does working buttons effect used market?

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Teflon??

Yummy, all those cancer-tastic chemicals wrapped around and in direct contact with your entire body sounds so luxurious.

Personally, I find smoking more pleasurable.

Goretex is teflon (PTFE) and works great. I don't know of any health issues tied back to wearing goretex. Do you have actual data or is this just a kneejerk reaction?

That said, don't eat off the stuff.

doro89

Reaction score
Goretex is teflon (PTFE) and works great. I don't know of any health issues tied back to wearing goretex. Do you have actual data or is this just a kneejerk reaction?

That said, don't eat off the stuff.
I don’t think it has a negative effect on skin, suit has a lining and you wear it on top of a shirt. But Teflon cookware is pretty bad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads