• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any TM Lewin slim fit pics?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up some TM Lewin slim fit shirts but when I searched this forum and other boards, there are very mixed reviews regarding fit. The few posts on here discussing fit say that it is very slim, although on other random Google boards the members said TM Lewin shirts are like "tents."

I was wondering if anyone that owns one of the TM Lewin slim fit shirts has any input? Or better yet, does anyone have a fit pic?

Mostly, I'm curious how the fit compares to Hugo slim fit or Brooks Bro extra slim fit lines?

Thanks!

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sportin_life
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up some TM Lewin slim fit shirts but when I searched this forum and other boards, there are very mixed reviews regarding fit. The few posts on here discussing fit say that it is very slim, although on other random Google boards the members said TM Lewin shirts are like "tents."

I was wondering if anyone that owns one of the TM Lewin slim fit shirts has any input? Or better yet, does anyone have a fit pic?

Mostly, I'm curious how the fit compares to Hugo slim fit or Brooks Bro extra slim fit lines?

Thanks!

Not nearly as slim as extra slim fit, but slimmer than the BB slim fit. I have no experience with Boss.

They're not BoO or any kind of SW&D slim, if thats what youre looking for.

The material is incredibly underwhelming, though.

lpresq

Reaction score

Thanks!

They are much slimmer than American brand "slim" shirts and slightly larger than a Barba or J. Sander.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a 10" drop and the Lewin shirts work out reasonably slim on me. Not incredibly so, but pretty decent. I'm on the bigger end of the spectrum though, 17" neck. Can't say how the smaller ones are cut.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. They were helpful!

I guess I'll hold off on ordering for now. I was tempted b/c of their recent sale and thought it would be good for cheap shirts. For some reason, every time I check out, the price goes up.

BB slim fit is really huge for me (mainly the arms and chest), so if the TM Lewin is anywhere near those it would be too baggy. I guess I'll stick with BB extra slim fit for now. Hugo slim fit seems to fit the best for me OTR but their quality is lacking for the price range.

AE7

Reaction score
They are not as slim as you would expect, for me, being 6.25 and rather slender they are a bit loose at waist, more or less ok on the chest. but it is more comfortable to not have them fiting as gloves if you wear them under the suit/sc, not so good if you want to wear them without putting anything over.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess I'll hold off on ordering for now. I was tempted b/c of their recent sale and thought it would be good for cheap shirts. For some reason, every time I check out, the price goes up.

BB slim fit is really huge for me (mainly the arms and chest), so if the TM Lewin is anywhere near those it would be too baggy. I guess I'll stick with BB extra slim fit for now. Hugo slim fit seems to fit the best for me OTR but their quality is lacking for the price range.

Boss slim fit is too slim for me. Constricts my chest, but thats just me. Agree about the quality. I had a JW Norstrom signature shirt altered to fit me. Cost was pretty good as I bought it cheap from the Rack. Nice buttons & fabric.

Have you looked into MTM options?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you check out in pounds, it'll show you the correct pricing. Tends to be a little cheaper too, depending on the exchange rate and credit card processing fees.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zappa