• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any One for a Scotch?

shrink1061

Reaction score
What does he say? I like Ralfy but I have to watch him on 2-3x speed and I still feel like half of my time was wasted after I finish
he does rather enjoy the sound of his own voice!

also, why oh why can’t he just have practiced the malt mention before the video? Every time he says it, he sounds like he’s a five year old trying to read it off the back of a cereal box!

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does he say? I like Ralfy but I have to watch him on 2-3x speed and I still feel like half of my time was wasted after I finish
I poasted the vid for entertainment purposes as I don't regard Ralfy's opinions too highly,

Ralfy doesn't say much of anything except complaining about how Glendro is now chill-filtered, but imho this was part of a long decline. Glendro started using cheap casks and using a different process in the 00s. If Ralfy couldn't TASTE THAT, his palate should not be sensitive enough to be radically disturbed by the chill-filtering, except in his brain.

In any event, focusing on the travesty of chill-filtration isn't entirely misguided, but misses the forest for the trees. A great whisky will still be great even if chill-filtered, but just not as good. What's going on in the market today is the degradation of the highest order in terms of pandering to fast food palates and cheaping out in the production process. It is completely brutal.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There’s been a few generous folk here with both booze and sticks. Tonight just happened to be a taste from brother @edmorel, so wanted to give a shout-out for the Elijah Craig 18yo. Never had before. Was a bit surprised by the nose on this for it not being an overproofed whiskey. Enjoyed with my buddy’s batched Boulevardiers (he interestingly adds a splash of Absinthe to the 64oz pitcher, before filling up his 8oz bottles), and some Hoyo De Monterray Petite Robustos.
1B6F591A-A084-4677-8F0B-6B3B420C8866.jpeg

Attachments

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherwear