• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I looked up website, but can I ask you where can I find 20% offer?

Sorry I should have made it clear... @frighter3 was HK-based so at least he could benefit.

But, who knows... maybe you can text the boss on Instagram to see what happens. He is called Steven, I guess :p

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hi, guys. Seeking a little input here from those of you who may have a much better idea than I do. I have a (to me, very beautiful) pair of the navy Foxglove loafers from the Sabot with the white stitching, which I got a year ago and haven't worn yet. Part of the reason I haven't worn them yet is that I'm spending far more time reading about and collecting shoes than I am actually wearing them, I'm afraid, and another is that I'm worried they are a touch small, and the sole on these things is so damn gorgeous that I don't want to muck it up if they are ultimately going to go to someone else.

So, my question is, how much should I expect these to break in? I can get them on, with a bit of a fight, which I can help win by pulling on the 'tongue' a little. The real problem seems to be that I am too high in the instep for them, or just have too much girth around the ball. When they do go on, they make a very satisfying 'pffth' sound, and they don't feel bad as I stand in them on the carpet. But lately I have had a pretty bad problem with my feet when I put too much pressure on them (I'm aging now, in my mid-40s), and I don't want to hate wearing these, as much as I love the way they look. All other loafers of mine (Meermin and Carmina) have broken in just fine, but they weren't quite this hard to get going, and they didn't have near as much firmness in the body as these seem to. These seem made like a brick house!

I wear a 7.5 UK in just about everything, and these are an 8. Do you think I should go ahead and let them break in? If so, any tips on doing so? Many thanks!

Sometimes when walking gives too much pain when breaking in, one may consider changing into the new pair in question only when settled down in office.

Assuming you have a sedentary lifestyle like me, however unhealthy.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I have tried those before it feels good but dislike with the horween grain not with rubber sole.

But thank you for your notice of 20% off ?

How about adding a Vibram stick-on at the local cobbler (HKD 250/ EUR 28)? Later when you really find a way to wear out the sole/ lining you can send them back to Antonio for resoling into Vibram studded-dainite style, or other rubber varieties as you wish.

FineShoe's package comes with lasted shoe trees, so I think is a very nice Meccariello starter pack (Argentum Dux + Trees).

frighter3

Reaction score
How about adding a Vibram stick-on at the local cobbler (HKD 250/ EUR 28)? Later when you really find a way to wear out the sole/ lining you can send them back to Antonio for resoling into Vibram studded-dainite style, or other rubber varieties as you wish.

FineShoe's package comes with lasted shoe trees, so I think is a very nice Meccariello starter pack (Argentum Dux + Trees).
I totally agree how you think of it.

And I know that I argentum dux is the hand welted model.

But another things is that it is too light colour for my navy dress suit too match.

I am thinking of the decanus or principles.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I totally agree how you think of it.

And I know that I argentum dux is the hand welted model.

But another things is that it is too light colour for my navy dress suit too match.

I am thinking of the decanus or principles.

FYI:

Argentum Dux (at FineShoes) / Argentum MTO (self configuration on webshop) = Argentum welted (modified Goodyear)

Argentum Handwelted (email Antonio, special GMTO surcharge)/ Titanus of Medallion/ Yeossal handwelted models = Handwelted

Seeing real shoes at FineShoes gives you the additional advantage of being able to choose the exact pair you want. Sometimes there is a bit of colour variation due to the hand colouring and original finishing of the leather.

frighter3

Reaction score
FYI:

Argentum Dux (at FineShoes) / Argentum MTO (self configuration on webshop) = Argentum welted (modified Goodyear)

Argentum Handwelted (email Antonio, special GMTO surcharge)/ Titanus of Medallion/ Yeossal handwelted models = Handwelted

Seeing real shoes at FineShoes gives you the additional advantage of being able to choose the exact pair you want. Sometimes there is a bit of colour variation due to the hand colouring and original finishing of the leather.

Oh, really?

Thank you for your info.

As I visited them before and they informed me that all AM models they have are the hand welted model

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Oh, really?

Thank you for your info.

As I visited them before and they informed me that all AM models they have are the hand welted model

Somehow, the store people may not know as much as the shoe guy Steven... :p

Anyway, just to clarify some of the confusion:

1. It is true that handwelted models from retailers often come with shoe trees included, e.g. the few pairs from Yeossal (https://www.yeossal.com/collections...o-handwelted-semi-brogue-in-noce-di-benevento), or the not-so-few pairs from Medallion

2. Most Argentum Dux models from retailers do not come with shoe trees. However, Steven of FineShoes has decided (very wisely) to include complimentary lasted trees from Meccariello in his package. As the lasted shoe trees allow some minor fit adjustments (see my previous posts), I think they are quite important.

Attachments

• 86949D42-1941-4BF1-8B69-18391AD001D2.png
    86949D42-1941-4BF1-8B69-18391AD001D2.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 129

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
On the matter of handwelting. The Mastro once said "I have the number of stitch in one shoe the number of stitches brand X have in a pair, or two pairs".

What do you guys think?

Not all handmade is equal :p

boot_owl

Reaction score
On the matter of handwelting. The Mastro once said "I have the number of stitch in one shoe the number of stitches brand X have in a pair, or two pairs".

What do you guys think?

View attachment 1197576

View attachment 1197577

Not all handmade is equal :p

You don't actually want or need that much spi when stitching the welt to the holdfast. In fact, the higher you go, the more likely the leather will tear.

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Recently got my RTW Aurum, Lucius 2, on the Aurum chisel. I can say the fit and comfort is the best I've had thus far in a pair of leather shoes. I wanted to get some pictures to share for this thread before I wear these babies three times a week. Thank you to Angela for putting up with me under AM's busy schedule.
IMG_0732.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg
IMG_0738.jpg
IMG_0739.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg
IMG_0753.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads