• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Antonio reads this thread, so I'm sure when you message he can help.

Also, check out his tumblr for inspiration I what type of last/details you want - do you want a leather sole, a topy? Initials on the sole? Etc.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He sends you some instructions with diagrams that are pretty easy to follow. I measured myself, but it's probably easier to have someone else measure you.

I'll probably need to do the measurements myself as well. Do you have any tricks or tips? Things to watch out for?

DCFO

Reaction score
According my past experience, you will need to take a set of measures when you hold the tape tight around your feet and another set not tight and Antonio will comment if he thinks you may have errors found from the 2 sets. And I recommend take one photo of each measuring position at the of measure so that he can also know if you have serious mistake on your measurements. Lastly you may want to inform him you prefer which part of your shoe you prefer to be smug or loose. Hope this able will help.

dan'l

Reaction score
Can't believe I just discovered this thread! Some really, really beautiful shoes in here.

If going to Naples to see Antonio in person for say just one visit, is it better to go at the beginning of the process, where he measures your feet, or for the fitting for the sample shoe?

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll probably need to do the measurements myself as well. Do you have any tricks or tips? Things to watch out for?

I would take the measurements with dress socks on. I did my measurements barefoot and I felt the fit of the trial pair was a little tight. Agree with the above post about trying to take a picture of each measurement you make, although this can get a bit cumbersome if you're flying solo. It's also a good idea to describe the general problems you have with RTW shoes. For example, I have a very high instep and it's very troublesome when it comes to lacing up oxfords, so I took a picture of my foot and circled where exactly on my foot the highest point of the instep was.

Lastly, and I think most importantly, it's basically impossible for Antonio (or any other maker) to nail down the fit 100% without seeing you in person. He probably won't get it completely right after you provide pictures and feedback of the fit of the trial pair, either. That said, I think it's well worth the initial investment and subsequent pairs will turn out amazing. I regret buying an Aurum pair for my first purchase and in hindsight I should have ordered standard line until Antonio had refined the fit all the way. That's the best time to step up to the Aurum line, IMO. Still very happy with my Aurum pair, though. The quality is superb.
Can't believe I just discovered this thread! Some really, really beautiful shoes in here.

If going to Naples to see Antonio in person for say just one visit, is it better to go at the beginning of the process, where he measures your feet, or for the fitting for the sample shoe?
You're better off asking Antonio this question, but in my untrained opinion, I think it's better to go in person for the fitting of the sample shoe.

Last edited:

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lastly, and I think most importantly, it's basically impossible for Antonio (or any other maker) to nail down the fit 100% without seeing you in person. He probably won't get it completely right after you provide pictures and feedback of the fit of the trial pair, either.
I agree with this.

My first pair was like a well fitting RTW, the second pair then fit very very well and by the third pair they felt bespoke. My newest test pair is more comfortable than I thought a shoe could be. So there is continual improvement.

That said I ordered a long time ago when Antonio was just starting to take online orders, so the process was a little tougher. Many of those issues have been worked out and the first shoe will fit more like my second pair.

wengxiah

Reaction score
Hi, could someone please explain this question to me?
I don't really understand...
shog[1].gif

Which shoes normally dress? US? UK?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to snap a couple pics of my first pair. Standard line, one of his original Kiton models.

wengxiah

Reaction score
stand and bent over. stood on the paper, just used a pencil. also took pictures of my feet on the paper in case it helped.

oh stupidly I crouched and thought it was unexpectedly hard to draw a better outline.
And I just tried what you have suggested, 'works like a charm'
fistbump.gif

for the rest of the measuring, i.e #12345, measure while standing as well, correct?
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh stupidly I crouched and thought it was unexpectedly hard to draw a better outline.
And I just tried what you have suggested, 'works like a charm'
fistbump.gif

for the rest of the measuring, i.e #12345, measure while standing as well, correct?
shog%5B1%5D.gif
yeah, just try to keep all things equal (don't move foot around, get up, put foot back down, etc)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads