• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just wanted to ask if anyone has had experience with either shoe linked below? Need to replace my black oxfords and I'm having trouble deciding between the two

any advice/comments would be greatly appreciated!
Two different lines, two different shoe designs, two different lasts. Both will be handwelted. Dealers choice if you want a round toe or chiseled toe, balmoral or standard oxford.

sake99

Reaction score
Two different lines, two different shoe designs, two different lasts. Both will be handwelted. Dealers choice if you want a round toe or chiseled toe, balmoral or standard oxford.
Thank you! My Alden oxfords have lasted more than a decade so attempting to pick a replacement pair which I will (hopefully) wear for the next ten years is doing my head in

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some recent AM’s
473C7041-A414-46FD-95D6-48EA99F2CB6B-12252-000006A7F3C3B04A.jpeg
ACD716FC-DAF7-47EE-BE19-1748FAFD53CB-12252-000006A7E1B3FD52.jpeg
IMG_0610.jpeg

sake99

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they respond via email? I've been trying to get in touch with them about a return (ordered half a size too big) for about two weeks and I haven't gotten a single response

DC10

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am trying to decide between a pair of AM Principes and Vass Alt English U in walnut museum calf. Also looking at the TLB Artista line and some CNES. But, I can’t decide which way to go. By the way I own two pairs of Antonio Meccariello (the Armiticos in size 6 last B2 and the Equites 2 in size 6 1/2 last B05) and a pair of TLB Artista 107 size 6 last Picasso. Although I haven’t made a decision as yet, but I need some advice on AM Principes sizing.

shoes83

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am trying to decide between a pair of AM Principes and Vass Alt English U in walnut museum calf. Also looking at the TLB Artista line and some CNES. But, I can’t decide which way to go. By the way I own two pairs of Antonio Meccariello (the Armiticos in size 6 last B2 and the Equites 2 in size 6 1/2 last B05) and a pair of TLB Artista 107 size 6 last Picasso. Although I haven’t made a decision as yet, but I need some advice on AM Principes sizing.
It depends on the last. If Hawksbill, most people would go for 0.5 size bigger than their "standard" English size, so in your case, 6.5.

But it's a good idea to take your A B C measurements as described on AM's website and connect with them for suggested sizing.

DC10

Reaction score
It depends on the last. If Hawksbill, most people would go for 0.5 size bigger than their "standard" English size, so in your case, 6.5.

But it's a good idea to take your A B C measurements as described on AM's website and connect with them for suggested sizing.
Thanks for your insight, I’d also welcome your opinion on the quality of the brands I mentioned in my in my initial query. I’ve heard good things about Vass and TLB makes some really great shoes. I have no experience with either Vass or CNES. What’s your take on these two brands?

ajay199127

Reaction score
Meccariello FOR SALE:

Attachments

• IMG_9702.jpeg
    IMG_9702.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 273

shoes83

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight, I’d also welcome your opinion on the quality of the brands I mentioned in my in my initial query. I’ve heard good things about Vass and TLB makes some really great shoes. I have no experience with either Vass or CNES. What’s your take on these two brands?
I bought a pair from Vass years ago, but it didn't really fit me, so I sold it over ebay. I thought it was pretty good, but didn't love it (can't really put my finder on why) and ended up going down a different path.

TLB Artista I have a pair and wear it on rainy days, as I like the rubber soles. But the leather doesn't have the most appealing creases. Still, fine for the price.

No experience with CNES, so unfortunately can't help there.

DC10

Reaction score
I bought a pair from Vass years ago, but it didn't really fit me, so I sold it over ebay. I thought it was pretty good, but didn't love it (can't really put my finder on why) and ended up going down a different path.

TLB Artista I have a pair and wear it on rainy days, as I like the rubber soles. But the leather doesn't have the most appealing creases. Still, fine for the price.

No experience with CNES, so unfortunately can't help there.
Thanks for your input. As I was comparing my shoes I found that the AMs are way more refined then the rest, bear in mind I don’t have any experience with GG or Paolo Scafora or EG and many other premium brands. I was just wondering what else via out there quick I can acquire in my tiny budget. Although I am quite tempted, love the GG Oxfords.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads