• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio maurizi

Pink22m

Reaction score
Thracozaag, my eyebrows were raised when I saw your post with the title "Antonio Maurizi" I have a pair that I absolutely love and have gotten a few compliments on from complete strangers. The style reminds me of some of the Mezlan shoes, with contrasting stiching and a sort of square toe. I once posted a question in this form reguarding whether or not others have experience with these shoes, but no one responded. Anyhow, the shoes I believe were part of the Gordon Rush make that Nordstrom carries. However, they are not listed on their site anymore, and I have not been able to find any information about the company. Nevertheless, I am kicking myself for not buying my Maurizi's in the tan color as well. The prices were very reasonable too; I think my pair was in the nieghborhood of $250.

Pink22m

Reaction score
Mine as well are signed inside. I would also like to strongly encourage ANYONE on this forum to please share your thoughts or experiences if you have Maurizi shoes as well. They seem much harder to find then say Allen Edmonds or Ferragamo's. Does anyone know where I can find them besides Nordstrom?

Pink22m

Reaction score
I purchased mine at the Nordstroms in San Mateo, CA (half hour south of SF). Â I went back to inquire about the same model I had (Corleone) because I wanted to get it in the tan color (I have them in black). Â Unfortunately, they were sent off to the rack stores. Â I proceeded to hunt for them at a couple rack stores in the bay area, the second one in San Francisco. Â I did find them in the tan model that I wanted, but unfortunately they were a size 40 and I am a 42. Â I did try them on but they were just a little bit too small. Â Very unfortunate because everything else was just right...
sad.gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only on Japanese google did I find any information on Antonio Maurizi. A number of shops stock these shoes. A website "Promoting Italy" (in Japan) gave me this address: Via Montolmo 70 62014 Corridonia (MC) 39 07 33 292 382 39 07 33 281 615 (I presume Tel. & Fax) Contact: Mauro Andreozzi [email protected] Looking for the web site: http://www.nuovadutem.com/ it is "opening soon" (we know how long that sometimes takes). I could not find a single shoe shop outside of Japan listing Maurizi under their brands, nor did Italian google come up with "Antonio Maurizi calzature". I believe very much Maurizi is a brand invented for the Japanese market. According to the entry their output is 500 pairs per day (Edward Green 50 pairs). If they produce these quantities, they really should be better known.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hate to rain on this parade, but I've seen a LOT of Maurizi shoes at Nordstrom Rack stores. Antonio Maurizi shoes are designed to look just like a top-end Italian shoe like Mantellassi or Santoni or Lattanzi. They do a pretty good job - the lasts are nicely shaped, the antique finish, while painted on, looks pretty good, and they do a nice looking facsimile of a hand-stitched (Norwegian) construction. Plus the aforementioned hand-signed insole covers. That being said, they are not actually top-quality handsewn shoes. Compare them closely with a Mantellassi or Santoni and you will see what I mean. Â Retail is appx. $295 a pair in Nordstroms, San Francisco store. They are usually $75-$100 at Nordstrom Rack. I wouldn't buy them at that price, but then again, I do NOT need more shoes Â
smile.gif
I wouldn't hesitate to wear some of the models if I got them for $25-$50 though. At $75-$100 they aren't a bad deal for guys that need shoes.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, gentlemen. Once again, I am amazed at your shoe acumen. Too bad, for a second there, I was really getting quite excited *sigh*.

Pink22m

Reaction score
Hey, so they are not the real thing. I think we all know that when you only pay a couple hundred dollars. But big deal. They still look nice.

Syed14

Reaction score
I am quite interested in getting this pair of Maurizis. At $280, does it seem to be a good deal or is it just too overpriced? From the looks of it, they seem to be well made and the quality of leather looks fine too. But I am not an expert on shoes. Would really appreciate some expert advice on these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics