• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations - Food Appreciation special!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I know there are quite a few fans of the show, and also quite a few fans of food in general. Sounds like a killer episode!

I'll be watching!

We just wanted to remind you of the Food Appreciation Special that will be on tonight at 10pm EST on the Travel Channel. Here's a bit of info about it:

Get ready for a treat this week with Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations Food Appreciation. Tony is joined by some of the world's most renowned chefs, such as Eric Ripert, Alan Wong, Martin Picard and more. This episode is for hardcore viewers only!

Bourdain is well aware of the body's similar chemical and physical responses to food and sex. After traveling across the globe for years, and sampling some of the world's greatest gastronomic pleasures, he is ready to share some of his favorite examples of what he likes to call...food Appreciation. In this special episode, Tony presents a XXX selection of all that's lip-smacking and luscious in the food world.

Here is a preview video:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/TravelChannel/videos/83/

Tony has posted about the episode on his blog:
http://anthony-bourdain-blog.travelchannel.com/

Thanks and enjoy

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I know there are quite a few fans of the show, and also quite a few fans of food in general. Sounds like a killer episode! I'll be watching!
Good timing; I just watched the "Cook's Tour" episode again where he goes to the French Laundry.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And the Tokyo episode, which I somehow missed, is on later too. I'll be watching that as well!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Good timing; I just watched the "Cook's Tour" episode again where he goes to the French Laundry.

Where can you still see that show?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm watching it now. Rippert's off-menu sea urchin and caviar pasta at Le Bernadin actually turned me on.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah. just read ripert's book on le bernadin

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I'm watching it now. Rippert's off-menu sea urchin and caviar pasta at Le Bernadin actually turned me on.
I was really into the David Chang stuff. Pretty much all of it. God that looks good.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We just finished this - it was phenomenal. I need to go to more of Jose Andres' restaurants.

I want to go to Picholine so badly.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow. I wish his show's more updated here. I also would like to give a heads up to the Feb. 16th show where he did a few rounds in the Philippines. One of the places he went to is my usual coffee shop haunt.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Wow. I wish his show's more updated here. I also would like to give a heads up to the Feb. 16th show where he did a few rounds in the Philippines. One of the places he went to is my usual coffee shop haunt.

can't wait, I was in the PI in November. especially the historical and the "lost" aspect of the food that they mentioned.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
Where can you still see that show?

It used to be easy to find online up until a year ago. Now, I just watch the .MOV I have of it.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been waiting all week to watch it after watching the promo commercial during last week's episode.

This show is awesome, probably one (of very few shoss) I will try continue to catch weekly.

The Adam Zimmern one on Tuesdays isn't too bad either.

And yes omg that uni and caviar pasta... And man, what an epic meal that was with David Chang; how many courses was that? I could feel my mouth salivating when he was scarfing down that Pho.

MiamiFoodie

Reaction score
I get much more excited watching my dream boat gallivant around the South America in a canoe, eating wild boar brains and drinking grain alcohol.

BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT
tounge.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiamiFoodie
I get much more excited watching my dream boat gallivant around the South America in a canoe, eating wild boar brains and drinking grain alcohol. BRING BACK THE OLD FORMAT
tounge.gif

I agree. A Cook's Tour has no match. Its more raw and gritty, less produced. glad I downloaded it all from online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads