• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alterations tailor in Paris

musigny

Reaction score
Do any of you know of a good, affordably-priced alterations tailor in Paris? I'm not looking to re-cut a Rubinacci jacket or anything -- just minor details like hems, buttonholes, et cetera. Sort of the equivalent of a Peppino's in NYC. If any of you have any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!

CaesarSTL

Reaction score
Bumping for a chance of some imput. Found a few other threads, but either no answers or were all about having a suit made. Just looking for experience with a good alterations tailor for suits and shirts, if near the 11th even better, but not something like Charvet please! Quality is most important, but a little value is nice as well!

Jared,

bbhewee

Reaction score
Aris behind l'Olympia used to be one of the better places in town. But I've been told that the old man sold his business, and quality has somewhat declined since being taken over.
Otherwise, there's a really good little tailor in Levallois-Perret, on rue Anatole France, not far from Louise Michel station.

pjshapiro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaesarSTL
Bumping for a chance of some imput. Found a few other threads, but either no answers or were all about having a suit made. Just looking for experience with a good alterations tailor for suits and shirts, if near the 11th even better, but not something like Charvet please! Quality is most important, but a little value is nice as well!

Jared,

Originally Posted by bbhewee
Aris behind l'Olympia used to be one of the better places in town. But I've been told that the old man sold his business, and quality has somewhat declined since being taken over.
Otherwise, there's a really good little tailor in Levallois-Perret, on rue Anatole France, not far from Louise Michel station.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a decent alteration at a reasonable price. Well, kind of the same boat -- I'd love someone out in the western suburbs (Saint-Germain ideally), but come into the city for work, so it's not a big issue. Did you have any luck finding someone? Any idea the name of the tailor in Levallois-Perret?

Peter

bapelolol

Reaction score
Any other recommendations?

How about for cobblers/shoe repair/places to buy Saphir in Paris?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads