1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Alterations tailor in Paris

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musigny, Apr 23, 2007.

1. musigny

musigny Member

Do any of you know of a good, affordably-priced alterations tailor in Paris? I'm not looking to re-cut a Rubinacci jacket or anything -- just minor details like hems, buttonholes, et cetera. Sort of the equivalent of a Peppino's in NYC. If any of you have any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. CaesarSTL

CaesarSTL Senior member

Bumping for a chance of some imput. Found a few other threads, but either no answers or were all about having a suit made. Just looking for experience with a good alterations tailor for suits and shirts, if near the 11th even better, but not something like Charvet please! Quality is most important, but a little value is nice as well!

Jared,

3. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Aris behind l'Olympia used to be one of the better places in town. But I've been told that the old man sold his business, and quality has somewhat declined since being taken over.
    Otherwise, there's a really good little tailor in Levallois-Perret, on rue Anatole France, not far from Louise Michel station.

4. pjshapiro

pjshapiro Member

Bumping for a chance of some imput. Found a few other threads, but either no answers or were all about having a suit made. Just looking for experience with a good alterations tailor for suits and shirts, if near the 11th even better, but not something like Charvet please! Quality is most important, but a little value is nice as well!

Jared,

Aris behind l'Olympia used to be one of the better places in town. But I've been told that the old man sold his business, and quality has somewhat declined since being taken over.
    Otherwise, there's a really good little tailor in Levallois-Perret, on rue Anatole France, not far from Louise Michel station.

I'm in the same boat, looking for a decent alteration at a reasonable price. Well, kind of the same boat -- I'd love someone out in the western suburbs (Saint-Germain ideally), but come into the city for work, so it's not a big issue. Did you have any luck finding someone? Any idea the name of the tailor in Levallois-Perret?

Peter

5. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

Any other recommendations?

How about for cobblers/shoe repair/places to buy Saphir in Paris?