• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actual Text Seen a Restaurant Ad in the Sentinel

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
"Santa Cruz: not just for hippies & peaceniks anymore"

sigged

Here's the rest:

"We (like much of the Bay Area) have changed our ways, and have displaced some (but not all) of our idealistic/utopian aspirations in favor of serious gourmandizing/connoisseurship (itself an idealist pursuit). On the subject of ships, come visit the Mother One at our acclaimed restaurant, Le Cigare Volant, at Bonny Doon Vineyard. We're incredibly proud of our new chef, Ryan Shelton, who prepares brilliant and poetic compositions of the freshest local produce. Tie-dyed formal wear suggested."

I am part encouraged, part worried. A little change is good but we don't need another Carmel!

This place is actually not at the BD vineyard, which is quite remote, but at their tasting room on the West Side. Not sure why the ad is misleading on that point.

Anyway, Kyle, I told you a long time ago SC was eventually going to be the next frontier in NorCal. It's too pretty, too well situated, and the weather is too good for it to remain the sole property of dirtbags forever.

What someone really needs to do is buy Shadowbrook, one of the great locations anywhere, and make the food really sing. People would come for miles for that, like a jr. French Laundry.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What someone really needs to do is buy Shadowbrook, one of the great locations anywhere, and make the food really sing. People would come for miles for that, like a jr. French Laundry.

If I may.... I would like to point out that someone posting in this thread about what someone needs to do has a formal culinary education so someone in this thread could do just that.

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't have any money and I'm not a good enough cook.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For god's sake, have some self-esteem, man! Were you to open your restaurant I would be your first customer! Or at least there on the first day. My point is, I would go.

Also, *you* don't need money, you just need to know people who do.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"Santa Cruz: not just for hippies & peaceniks anymore"
sigged
Here's the rest:
"We (like much of the Bay Area) have changed our ways, and have displaced some (but not all) of our idealistic/utopian aspirations in favor of serious gourmandizing/connoisseurship (itself an idealist pursuit). On the subject of ships, come visit the Mother One at our acclaimed restaurant, Le Cigare Volant, at Bonny Doon Vineyard. We're incredibly proud of our new chef, Ryan Shelton, who prepares brilliant and poetic compositions of the freshest local produce. Tie-dyed formal wear suggested."
I am part encouraged, part worried. A little change is good but we don't need another Carmel!
This place is actually not at the BD vineyard, which is quite remote, but at their tasting room on the West Side. Not sure why the ad is misleading on that point.
Anyway, Kyle, I told you a long time ago SC was eventually going to be the next frontier in NorCal. It's too pretty, too well situated, and the weather is too good for it to remain the sole property of dirtbags forever.

manton, you are familiar with the great randall grahm, no? it's a calculated effect. it's like grateful dead meets monty python while having an elicit affair with robert mondavi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads