ACNE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jaypan, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jaypan

jaypan Well-Known Member

Sorry I do not do a detailed search but a couple of searches : acne, official acne thread... really do not give me what I am looking for : OFFICIAL ACNE Thread.

OK, My question is simple : I have stuffs from Acne but seem from different line: ACNE JEANS , ACNE STUDIOS, ACNE POP CLASSICS

What's the difference in terms of quality?

thanks

2. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Acne Studios is the mainline brand, basically the brand known as Acne. Afaik "pop classics" was a lower priced alternative that they only did 2010-2011, pretty sure it doesn't exist anymore. I've only had one jacket from pop classics which was AW10 or AW11 (not sure if they actually ever did an AW11), and the quality was definitely worse than Acne Studios and kinda weird design, so I sold it again. Acne Jeans is just all their jeans offerings I believe.

On the topic of Acne I'm interested in what everyone thinks of the brand? Living in Denmark I see a lot to the brand - especially their jeans and scarves seem to be popular amongst girls. I have a college sweatshirt myself, which is really soft and nice to wear, and I also bought a piece of knitwear this season which seems decent enough.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015

3. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

I have a leather DR from them and it's pretty decent.

4. jaypan

jaypan Well-Known Member

Thanks Landscape, same here that Acne studios pieces seems higher end than pop classic or Jeans.. but I do see shirts from their ACNE JEANS lines...

5. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Anyone have experience with the selo and selo light jackets? Trying to decide which to get

6. JSK165

JSK165 Member

I have a selo and it's a bit more insulated and warmer than I expected. Padded a bit but not puffy. They run a little large.

7. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Is that a good think? I mean the padded part? How is it for spring/summer? Too hot?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016

8. JSK165

JSK165 Member

Depends on climate you plan to wear it in I guess. Probably won't get much or any wear in warmer areas in spring IMO. It's not too noticeably padded. It's well made.

9. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

Looking to purchase some ace cash blacks. Does acne ever have promo codes?

10. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

I'm looking for a pair of Ace in 28/32 unaltered. No grey or black washes, but PM me if you have some vintage washe or raws. Long shot, but figured I'd post.