• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Few Completely Unrelated Questions

veggieman

Reaction score
Ok title says it all... I have a few completely unrelated questions and I figure its much easier to make one thread instead of 15

1) Has anyone ever tried to mix colognes? I have two (Ralph Lauren black and Victoria's secret very sexy for him) that I think smell really nice together.... But ive only tried mixing them once... is it too many conflicting smells to mix?

These next two might be better answered by someone who is gay or lesbian...

2) Gay and Lesbian or Homosexual? Which should I use.... i.e. do you take offense to either?
3) This one is a bit sophomoric but I might as well ask it so I don't offend anyone
smile.gif
. my friend and I keep playing jokes on each other. He put a bumper sticker on my car that says "I'm gayer than you". I could care less what other people think about me but does someone that is gay take offence to this? If so I'll take it off.

I just went to Burling coat factory.... I never knew they had awesome name brand clothes (DKNY, RL, Le tigre, Ben Sherman, Guess and Nautica to name a few) for so cheap. Now I have two questions about these...

4) Why are they so cheap? Are they returns from a store, is something wrong with them, or do they just sell them at wholesale prices?
5) Are there any other stores like Burlington coat factory?( I live about an hour out of NYC by Woodbury Commons if anyone knows what that is.)

6) When weightlifting how many grams of protein should you eat a day to gain muscle? (I'm a vegetarian so I was wondering if I should step it up from my usual 60 grams a day)

Yes, many random questions
smile.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have only one question:

Why "Veggieman"?

-acidicboy

AdamG

Reaction score
Originally Posted by veggieman
6) When weightlifting how many grams of protein should you eat a day to gain muscle? (I'm a vegetarian so I was wondering if I should step it up from my usual 60 grams a day)

It's like 1 to 2g per lb of bodyweight I think. But not 100% sure.

I know that 60g is not enough, I would have that in my breakfast
laugh.gif

veggieman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
I have only one question:

Why "Veggieman"?

-acidicboy

read question number 6 for that answer
laugh.gif

adam... thanks for that little tid bit. i better get on more protien
smile.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Has anyone ever tried to mix colognes? I have two (Ralph Lauren black and Victoria's secret very sexy for him) that I think smell really nice together.... But ive only tried mixing them once... is it too many conflicting smells to mix?

I've heard many women say that they mix colognes/perfumes. If it works go for it. Here is a good site for recommendations.

3) This one is a bit sophomoric but I might as well ask it so I don't offend anyone
smile.gif
. my friend and I keep playing jokes on each other. He put a bumper sticker on my car that says "I'm gayer than you". I could care less what other people think about me but does someone that is gay take offence to this? If so I'll take it off.
I'd be more afraid of someone that's homophobic.

I just went to Burling coat factory.... I never knew they had awesome name brand clothes (DKNY, RL, Le tigre, Ben Sherman, Guess and Nautica to name a few) for so cheap. Now I have two questions about these...

4) Why are they so cheap? Are they returns from a store, is something wrong with them, or do they just sell them at wholesale prices?

5) Are there any other stores like Burlington coat factory?( I live about an hour out of NYC by Woodbury Commons if anyone knows what that is.)
BCF sells stuff that companies are getting rid of like overruns/leftovers/last years stuff. I've found a couple of things there.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About twice.

At four-thirty, on Wednesdays. (except in December- it's too cold)

All the time, if not more.

The bacon first. But don't let anyone see you.
smile.gif

-Hope this helps.

veggieman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
About twice.

At four-thirty, on Wednesdays. (except in December- it's too cold)

All the time, if not more.

The bacon first. But don't let anyone see you.
smile.gif

-Hope this helps.

i'm sorry you just confused me quite a bit on this one

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i think he was just giving you a few completely unrelated answers dude.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sure, mixing can work, but I tend to find that it works best when one of the two is very simple, a one-note-kind-of-thing, so that you are essentially adding leather, or cedar, or sandalwood or whatever to another, more complex cologne, which just happens to be missing that note. I love to wear a couple sprays of Bulgar Black, which is a pretty simple, powdery rubber-like smell over Dior Homme. The two you mention are both pretty complex, bordering on messy to my nose, so I'm not sure it'd work well. But try it out, if you like it, thats all that matters.

studio253

Reaction score
Break your protein intake up into 5-6 meals/day. Your body cannot process more than 50 grams of protein per serving. Anything more than this is wasteful. I would recommend about 1.5/grams per pound of body weight. Seeing that you're not a meat eater you will need to make up the intake with HIGH QUALITY protein shakes. Seeing that you haven't given your body type it's hard to recommend what type you should look for.

If you're a hardgainer and naturally slim a moderate to high carb content shake should be fine. If you're more naturaly heavy set and prone to store more bodyfat you should keep your carb intake low and go with a sugarfree or as close to sugarfree as possible mix. Something along the lines of Isopure. It contains 50 grams of protein and zero carbs.

Are you looking to bul up or tone down? If you're looking to lean out make sure to increase your cardio work. If you need any more pointers drop me a line.

veggieman

Reaction score
Joel, do you know of any scents that are "one tone" as you explained? Where do you even find them.... all the scents that I've ever smelt are the colognes that are all made by major designers or companies that are complex

Studio, I'm not sure what type of body I am.... Its not like am anorexic skinny and my arms are by no means small(not big either). i think that a moderate carb shake would be good. Any good suggestions that preferably don't taste terrible(I hear a lot of them are really bad tasting)?

Thanks a lot for your responses guys!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You could buy essential oils which are just one note of a scent. These can be found online and a smaller selection can be gotten at natural/health food stores.

You should also check out basenotes.net forum where there have been threads on which scents can be mixed with good results.

Max

Reaction score
If you want to really endear yourself to us homos, use "same gender loving."

I don't personally have a problem with a straight person rocking an "I'm gayer than you" bumper sticker. I don't really like the fact that it was put there as a practical joke, as it reinforces the idea that gay people are somehow less than everyone else and that you wouldn't want to be one.

veggieman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
You could buy essential oils which are just one note of a scent. These can be found online and a smaller selection can be gotten at natural/health food stores.

You should also check out basenotes.net forum where there have been threads on which scents can be mixed with good results.

thanks a lot! I've been looking around the basenotes website forums.... people there know so much! It's actually quite interesting.

Originally Posted by Max
If you want to really endear yourself to us homos, use "same gender loving."

I don't personally have a problem with a straight person rocking an "I'm gayer than you" bumper sticker. I don't really like the fact that it was put there as a practical joke, as it reinforces the idea that gay people are somehow less than everyone else and that you wouldn't want to be one.

Ahhh thanks for answering this question!

To be completely honest I never thought of the practical joke reinforcing the idea that gay people are inferior to others, but unfortunately you're completely right. I think I'm going to leave it because it is something I would put on my own car. But again thanks for answering my questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads