• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chicago thread - local recommendations, trunk shows, goings-on, etc.

jimney

Reaction score
So there isn't a consolidated place to find stuff about what's going on in Chicago, so I figured I'd start one.

One upcoming thing happening - Gaziano & Girling and the London Collective (see image below) will be visiting for a trunk show. The Chicago info is below, email [email protected] for an appointment.
Tuesday 6 April, 9am – 6pm
Wednesday 7 April, 9am – 12 noon
The Langham Hotel
330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
+1 (312) 923-9988

They'll also be doing a cocktail evening at the Langham the night before, 6-8pm, that I plan to stop by. I'm interested if anyone else will be there.

1646843456138.png

leapyourbar

Reaction score
good thread! I am in Southern Ontario, but not too far from Chicago -- give or take four hours. Was hoping to perhaps convince Solito to stop by on one of his US journeys...

jimney

Reaction score
good thread! I am in Southern Ontario, but not too far from Chicago -- give or take four hours. Was hoping to perhaps convince Solito to stop by on one of his US journeys...

If you were able to make that work, I’d stop by for a commission.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
👍👍
awesome thread!

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in Western Springs as of last August but lived in Wicker Park, Gold Coast and River North for decades before that.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure that I'd put in a commission on the spot, but I'd be interested in discussing the matter of some formal shirts with Budd.

adschus

Reaction score
Does anyone have a local tailor that is skilled enough to make a 3 2 roll, sack jacket? Unfortunately Richard Bennett isn’t able to - their in-house tailor wasn’t familiar with that style of tailoring and didn’t want to risk being disappointed.

jimney

Reaction score
Does anyone have a local tailor that is skilled enough to make a 3 2 roll, sack jacket? Unfortunately Richard Bennett isn’t able to - their in-house tailor wasn’t familiar with that style of tailoring and didn’t want to risk being disappointed.
The elusive Despos could probably do it. I don’t think he’s taking on new clients though.

Separately, I’ve actually got a commission in progress with Richard Bennett.

adschus

Reaction score
The elusive Despos could probably do it. I don’t think he’s taking on new clients though.

Separately, I’ve actually got a commission in progress with Richard Bennett.

Oh awesome! What do you have cooking at RB?

jimney

Reaction score
Oh awesome! What do you have cooking at RB?

Summer jacket and pants, planning to wear them to a few weddings this summer and use them as like a "casual dressy" outfit for stepping out. The plaid (wool/silk/linen from Loro Piana I think?) will be the jacket, the tan (I believe just a light wool) the pants. Jacket will be unlined (except the sleeves/shoulders), high armhole, wider lapels and medium button stance - kind of going for an Italian type silhouette there. Pants will be pretty standard rise/style, but with offset besom pockets.

9343380B-9AE5-4253-A2CF-142DCA7D71F4_1_105_c.jpeg

krudsma

Reaction score
Will be keeping an eye on this thread! Was planning to visit Steed when they were in town in January but Omicron stopped me. I believe they'll be back again in the summer and potentially in April as well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin Byrne