1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

4th of July: Outlet shopping

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zjpj83, Jul 4, 2005.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I'm going to get there around 10:30. The parking lot is already going to be packed, I'm sure...inventory already picked over... It was sort of a lst minute decision - probably a crazy one, but hey, what can you do?

2. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

If you mean Woodbury Commons, it'll be a an absolute zoo. You're far braver than I.

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Woodbury Commons. Into the fray.

4. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Some of my relatives just came back from a weekend trip to Woodbury. They said the place was nuts. Waited a couple hours just to get into popular stores like Burberry. If you're goingto wait that long to get into a store you'd better buy something.

5. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

Fill us in on any deals.

6. demeis

demeis Senior member

I can't even imaging going there in the morning. Last time i went during columbus day it was packed, but by 5 or so it had cleared out and had the same amount of traffic as a normal weekend.

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

are there actually sales or are you just going for the fun of it?

i was thinking of going to the clinton outlets here in CT. but since the beach is also down that way the traffic will be nuts. plus lately on holidays and weekends they have been bussing loads of people in. usually foreigners who dont speak english, it can be pretty hectic.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Reasonably crowded and sales were pretty unspectacular.

9. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I am more and more convinced that outlets are just a giant scam. I never find any really great bargains there. Most of what the outlets are selling these days is low quality made for outlet junk. The good stuff is still marked at about that you'd pay for retail.

10. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

I bought a beautiful 3 season Zegna Sportcoat today for $250 from the Last Call store in Jersey Gardens. I passed on Zegna silk/wool sportcoat that was too light weight for me, it was marked down to ~$280. There were a few Brioni's and Oxxford sport jackets for around $500 in my size but nothing that appealed to me. Ties were picked over but a few nice Nicky, T&A and Ike Behar left for $20 to $40.

Saks off 5th has $100 off suits and $50 off jackets. I saw a brown Isaia suit reduced to $500 but was horrified to find that it was center vented ..

I got to the outlets at 11am and was out by 12:15pm, parking lot was 1/2 full by then.

11. mussel

mussel Senior member

I saw the Brown Isaia center vent suit several months ago too. Is it size 50 the Stewart model? Even stranger it is fused... I suspect it was a Gianluca Napoli being mislabeled as Isaia.

12. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

(redtree00 @ July 04 2005,21:18) I saw a brown Isaia suit reduced to $500 but was horrified to find that it was center vented ..
    I saw the Brown Isaia center vent suit several months ago too. Â Is it size 50 the Stewart model? Â Even stranger it is fused... Â I suspect it was a Gianluca Napoli being mislabeled as Isaia.
    Yes it was a size 50 (60) Stewart, it fits like a 48 (58) I thought it might be 1/2 fused but I said to myself "it can't be". The label is clearly Isaia and not Gianluca. No wonder it has been sitting there for months.

13. yanks2182

yanks2182 Senior member

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

New pair of sneakers, otherwise nothing.