1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kiya, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

PC NS's stretch real quick and like crazy. I got a 31 in APC NS back in the summer lost some weight, they fit ok. Probably would be good in a 30 now.

Ended up getting 31's in the SL-100X and they fit great. Bit tight at first but now fit like a true straight leg jean. Mine opened up pretty nicely after 15 wears or so. You'd probably be good in either the 31 or 32 in the SL-100, not so sure about the ST-100.

2. Romp

Romp Senior member

thanks im going to try the 32s

3. ZVincler

ZVincler Active Member

Allen Edmonds McCallister

1 person likes this.
  4. matryx

matryx Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get 3sixteen in Toronto?

I'm looking to get a pair but not sure which size would fit me so. I wear N&F Slim guy dirty fade in size 31 and UB301 in 33. I have APC NS in 31 but the thigh is a little too tight for me. 32 would have fit me better I think.

5. lofigeek

lofigeek Well-Known Member

Club Monaco flagship on Bloor.

In the basement.

CSA's don't know anything about the product though, they don't even realize there is a difference between ST and SL

6. ajchen

ajchen Senior member

Sorry for your experience. We've got some new accounts in the pipeline that should be a lot more helpful than the folks at Club Monaco. Stay tuned...

7. michaelyork

michaelyork Senior member

My experience with the Flagship Club Monaco on Bloor Street was excellent. The Sales Associate knew the difference between SL- and ST-, and also knew the difference between 3sixteen raw denim and Club Monaco's own raws, in terms of price, fit, stretch, and quality. Also that the sizing number means jack shit.

My personal experience with sizing 3sixteen has been disastrous. It just doesn't fit my body. The folks in this thread were not sympathetic to my sizing crisis either :(

8. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I've worn a lot of denim through a slow weight gain of 40 lbs from lifting weights the past 3 years and I can tell you that human bodies differ in proportion in dramatic ways. The modern fashion trend of tightly fitted yet durable denim is just not easy to squeeze everyone into. Hobbyists are going to be somewhat unsympathetic and manufacturers cannot generate a universal fit.

1 person likes this.
  9. Romp

Romp Senior member

My SL100x arrived from Blue Owl - awesome service from Jay

I ended up buying the 32 - and I can only JUST get my top button done. I expect it to fit in the waist similar to APC NS 31

tad tight in the thigh/seat but do not look too indifferent in fit than the guy above with the shadow version. I Think once the denim relaxes these will be awesome.

The feel of the denim is HEAPS better than the APC. Ill take a fit pic once I bust them in.

10. rexet

rexet Senior member

Hi guys,

I'm digging a black selvedge pair of jeans that doesn't fade.
    The ST-220X seems to be a good pick.

How does this model strech in the waist?
    I am a true W33 and I was wondering if the tag 31 (which is measured for 32.5 on BOW chart) would be ok.

Thank you :)

11. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

That might be a bit tight on you, add to the fact you are looking at the ST's and not SL's. It will stretch, but takes far longer than say APC's, plus do you intend on wearing these almost daily so you get that stretch quickly?

I'm a true 32, got the SL-100's in 31 since I wear those often and they have strecthed out nice. Went with 32's in the SL-220's since I don't wear them as often.

12. rexet

rexet Senior member

Thanks Spencer for your feedback.
    I am used to buy my jeans tight and make them naturaly stretch to my waist but it is also true that I don't plan to wear these really often, these would be my dressy jeans.
    Regarding BOW measurement chart the tag 31 is 32.5 in the waist. That would be easy to get the 0.5 stretch. But on 3sixteen official website they are given for W32 which would be a little bit too tight. Finally Self Edge mention that the jeans can stretch up to 1.5 inch in the waist.

13. GSafternoon

GSafternoon Well-Known Member

I wear a 30 in APC PS, and the 32 3sixteen SL fits me a similar, but a bit more straight leg. And the double blacks do fade by the way, a lot faster than I even expected. I'm at about 4-5 months of consistent wear and I've got a fair amount of whiskers and combs setting in.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  14. rexet

rexet Senior member

What? The ST-220X fades?

Here is what they say on the official 3Sixteen website:

15. sikeee

sikeee Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

They do fade according to this pic unless they changed the textile..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  16. Romp

Romp Senior member

Im 31 on APC NS and got 32 in SL-100x. Fit tight but will stretch to perfection im hoping :)

17. rexet

rexet Senior member

Hmmm... this doesn't really look like standard fading, more like a pair of old jeans that got many machine washes.

I noticed you are selling a pair of Momo 0701. Do you also own a pair of 3sixteen ST by any chance? If yes how would you compare the sizing between your Momo's and 3S?
    I received a pair of 0702 few days ago in tag 32 and they're just a bit tight in the waist. I would need a similar fit with my futur ST-220X :)

18. sikeee

sikeee Well-Known Member

I'm currently wearing a size 32 0701 and a size 30 SL100x
    My momos are tighter in the thighs but looser in the waist and leg opening.

19. rexet

rexet Senior member

Thank you. I guess I could easily go with the ST-220X in tag 31.

20. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I want to buy some jeans that fit like my washed levi's 511 size 31, would the ST-100x indigos size 31 be the best match? Thanks.