• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
My throbbing thighs just wanted to thank Johan for the awesome toiletry kit.

3Sixteen-Duffle.gif

Obviously, there's enough talk on their jeans but you guys should check out the rest of their line. The waxed cotton tote was awesome in person:

3sixteen-tanner-tote-00.jpg

mrstarks

Reaction score
Haha way to take the piss man. Anyway, I guess I just had an experiment gone wrong and am trying to remedy it. Like I said, 3sixteen is quite good and will continue to explore the line till I pick some cut more favourable to my build and stature. Its one of the risks of living in a place where one does not get enough stockists to go try on these things before committing. No big qualms. :)

@the guy who asked why slim taper - I wear slim in Momotaro so I guess I was basing off that to judge my 3sixteen fit.

JL77

Reaction score

Anyway, I guess I just had an experiment gone wrong and am trying to remedy it. Like I said, 3sixteen is quite good and will continue to explore the line till I pick some cut more favourable to my build and stature.

If the waist fits well, it sounds like you should try the SL-200x in the same size as the ST-200x that you bought. It's roomier in the thighs and knee and has a slight taper towards the leg opening.

For all you NY folks, you're not gonna wanna miss this:

Last edited:

rmstephenson

Reaction score
Hello all, I'd like some opinions on fit/sizing for me. I just received a pair of the sl-100x that I purchased from a seller on ebay. I went true to size based on the measurements on self edge's site. I am a relatively large guy - 6'4" 220 with a 39" measured waist, so I figured the 38s would be the ticket for me: However, they seem to be too large for my frame. I can get a full fist in at my waste and feel the denim stretch, and they are no where near close to my legs at all: Is this just the cut on these, or should I have sized down to a 36? I was thinking that 2" would be a lot to stretch these in the waist. Any hope for these with a hot soak? I thought I'd ask before I ripped off the tags. Probably be throwing these back on ebay shortly.

Last edited:

Munchy

Reaction score
I traveled from MTL to NYC in April 2010 to pick up a pair of 3Sixteens from Self Edge.

Today they go in for the first wash ever (hand wash cycle, warm water, little to no soap). Not even one soak.

Mind you I didn't wear them every day, but every weekend for sure.

They're the black coated blue raws. Well they're not that black anymore anyways.

Will post before/afters when they're out and dry!

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rmstephenson, yea those look too big. You should put them back up for sale.

Munchy, I am looking forward to see how they turned out. Kind of reminds me of the RRL black on blues.

ajchen

Reaction score

I traveled from MTL to NYC in April 2010 to pick up a pair of 3Sixteens from Self Edge.
Today they go in for the first wash ever (hand wash cycle, warm water, little to no soap). Not even one soak.
Mind you I didn't wear them every day, but every weekend for sure.
They're the black coated blue raws. Well they're not that black anymore anyways.
Will post before/afters when they're out and dry!

I remember you, you came with you family right? Look forward to seeing the photos!

rmstephenson

Reaction score

rmstephenson, yea those look too big. You should put them back up for sale.
Munchy, I am looking forward to see how they turned out. Kind of reminds me of the RRL black on blues.

Yep, size 38 up on ebay. Probably wander over to the Barney's Coop to see if I can try on the 36. Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else in Atlanta carry these?

Munchy

Reaction score
so I think I determined that the hand wash cycle was too "weak" and the jeans look like they were just soaked. Ill post up pics anyways when theyre done drying.

ac3y

Reaction score
This may have been answered already but I went back 10 pages or do and I didn't see it: I like the fit of the Nudie Slim Jim, would I go for the SL or ST fit here?

Thanks.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This may have been answered already but I went back 10 pages or do and I didn't see it: I like the fit of the Nudie Slim Jim, would I go for the SL or ST fit here?
Thanks.

Go for the ST fit, it'll be the closest in fit to the Slim Jim.
Restock is coming November 15th.

click here

Reaction score
Do these jeans ever become soft? I've been wearing mine regularly for 6 months now (washed once) and they are still stiff and kinda uncomfortable to wear.

ajchen

Reaction score

Do these jeans ever become soft? I've been wearing mine regularly for 6 months now (washed once) and they are still stiff and kinda uncomfortable to wear.

Yes, they do. My ST-100x are pretty much at sweatpants level now (1 year of pretty regular wear) but they softened up significantly right around the 6 month mark, where you're at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads