• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2023 50 Book Challenge

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is an excellent book.
Yes it is. Crazy thing is I could never get past the first few pages for some reason. I've had it on my side table for literally years. It's been on planes and road trips where I would read a few pages or it would never even make it out of my bag. Being between books when the library was closed, I decided to read it. I'm glad it did even though it hit a little too close to home at times.

21. On Such a Full Sea, Chang-Rae Lee.

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last one.

23. The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami.
Technically, I'm not quite finished but should be done today, maybe tomorrow but I'm still counting it.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't participate this year, because I didn't manage to hit 50 in 2022 and I decided to take the pressure off myself. However, I did decide to track what I read, since I liked having a record. As it turns out, taking the pressure off myself meant that instead of reading 48 books like I did in 2022, I only read 45.

Of those 45, I think my favorite was the Jade Saga, a trilogy by Fonda Lee that is a mix of The Godfather, 70s Kung Fu movies, and magic. It sounds kinda crazy, and it is, but it works well. There were rumors that it was being developed for TV, and I think it could be really good in that format, but no telling if that will ever happen.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I havent been tracking too closely because of a really rough personal year, but I have over 50 this year for the first time.anf possibly over 60

most I have read in a long time

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ended the year with around forty books read even though I stopped recording the titles early in the year.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2024 Thread is live.

terryfrost2390

Reaction score
1. Unraveled: A Climber’s Journey Through Darkness and Back, by Katie Brown

Katie Brown was one of the best climbers of the mid to late 90s (second woman to climb 5.14a, national champion, World Cup winner, etc.), before she disappeared from the scene.

This book details her struggles with anorexia, suicidal thoughts and depression, and a tortured relationship with her mom during that time. Good book! It's truly inspiring to see so many avid readers sharing their experiences and recommendations. This helps me prepare for my homework. If anyone is interested, I recently came across an amazing website that provides help with nursing school papers where you can find great resources for both medical students and professionals. This has been a game changer for me, especially for research papers and tutorials. Happy reading and keep getting book recommendations!
Good book!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads