• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 week vacation in late June. Suggestions?

cmrocks

Reaction score
Almost finished school for the year and then on May 15th, I'll be going up north to work my first 6 week shift. After that, I get two weeks off and then that's followed by another 6 week work shift then back to school.

I was susposed to goto Mexico City for my two weeks off but my girlfriend and I broke up so I won't be going there anymore (she is from MC and studying in Canada). I now have two weeks off in the middle of summer and I don't really want to spend it in my hometown. I'll have plenty of money so I should have quite a few options as to where I could go. I obviously don't want to spend it all though so keep that in mind.

As for a place to go, somewhere with nice weather and somewhere with a lot of girls. I'm recently single and, at the time of my trip, I'll have just spent the last six weeks in a work camp consisting almost entire of guys. I certainly don't plan on the entire trip becomming a quest to get laid. I basically just want to enjoy myself for two weeks and see something new. I have seen very little of this world (never been outside North America) and this is a perfect opertunity for me to go somewhere. Also, I will be travelling alone.

With all that having been said, where would you guys recommend? I'm open to anything.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
islands in eastern thailand

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
islands in eastern thailand

Especially if there's a full moon during these 2 weeks

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Vancouver is a nice place to start off on a trip to asia. Not so much for Europe and etc unless you like LONG plane flights.

Globetrotters Thailand reccomendation sounds nice... But when travelling alone, make sure you take the neccesary precautions with money and ID etc. Don't get roped into being a drug mule or anything marsupialed like that.

Why not look into one of those "student" tour packages through STA travel or whatnot?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Especially if there's a full moon during these 2 weeks

oh yeah!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads