• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

2 and 1/2 month relationship too late to end it over the phone?

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
Was it "serious" or what? Just a fling?

texas_jack

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think she may have considered it more serious but I never met her kid, she never met my friends so I think it may have been somewhat obvious that I wasn't that serious about it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In a world where people break up by changing their Facebook status, I think you could be considered a class act

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I think she may have considered it more serious but I never met her kid, she never met my friends so I think it may have been somewhat obvious that I wasn't that serious about it.

Shit, she should have been surprised you even gave her your phone number. Sounds like two people that had drinks and sex, no idea why she would find this wrong.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She just gave me a big guilt trip over telling her over the phone but I figured it hasn't been that long? What say ye?

You should always, if distance permits, break up in person. I generally find guys are too afraid of the face to face meeting. Just look at her, tell the truth and make it brief. Its not that hard guys.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Shit, she should have been surprised you even gave her your phone number. Sounds like two people that had drinks and sex, no idea why she would find this wrong.
Single moms have less options for relationships, so they're more desperate and clingy.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, same situation with me but my girl has no kids. (she is 19) I'm going to do it in person, but I do see her at work almost every day.

texas_jack

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Pun
Wow, same situation with me but my girl has no kids. (she is 19) I'm going to do it in person, but I do see her at work almost every day.

This is was a mistake to begin with

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread is full of lose win, every post from the OP just adds another layer to the madness cake

"hopefully this wont affect my promotion (she is my boss)" etc

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You had sex with each other, you were never in a relationship. Don't worry.

Big T

Reaction score
Easier than in person. I usually just faded away and didn't even call.

texas_jack

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big T
Easier than in person. I usually just faded away and didn't even call.

That's just low rent. I've been on the other side of that and it's a bad feeling.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 45 15.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 91 31.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 54 18.6%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 22 7.6%