• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How good is Hugo Boss Selection?

ap3265

Reaction score
How good is the Hugo Boss Selection Line? I saw some trousers that I might buy but can anybody tell me how premium the quality is compared to some other high end brands. Do you have any recommendations for premium quality brands for trousers?

Thanks

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone here will tell you that Hugo Boss is horrible, but, personally, the Hugo Boss trousers I own are my favourite out of all other pants. My recommendation: get them if the price is fair and if they fit you nicely. I bought mine for almost $200 and I couldn't be happier.

CutandSew

Reaction score
It should be good if you can get them on sale. It's actually more important to worry about how they fit and look on you than anything else.

Col.

Reaction score
bullseye!

you hit the nail on the head.

Originally Posted by CutandSew
It should be good if you can get them on sale. It's actually more important to worry about how they fit and look on you than anything else.

stunna7516

Reaction score
Just for future reference, I got my Hugo Boss Selection suit from Gilt in 40R today. The suit is definitely NOT that slim. Sure, its slightly slimmer in the chest than the average 40R (~21 inch P2P) but overall the fit isn't that slim, and the trousers are huge. The waist on my 40R measures about 35 inches. So beware, more of a traditional fit...

B|aze

Reaction score
The suits are pretty bad. But the pants I have seems like good quality and the fit is nice

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Everyone here will tell you that Hugo Boss is horrible, but, personally, the Hugo Boss trousers I own are my favourite out of all other pants. My recommendation: get them if the price is fair and if they fit you nicely. I bought mine for almost $200 and I couldn't be happier.

I agree. I have a pair of light grey wool pants from them and they are my favorite. I wouldn't buy suits or shoes from them though.

rexor12

Reaction score
Boss Selection suit line has several fits, some more classic and some more fitted. The quality obviously is not the best, but it's half canvassed and some suits actually have real handwork, they are made in turkey (some in germany). The fabrics are usually very nice though

losbolos

Reaction score
How different in terms of construction and fabric quality is HB Selection compared to the Boss Black line? I don't know what the price range of Boss Selection suits are, but how would they fare against let's say an entry-level Zegna that's around $2-$3k range. If they are at around the same price range, I would personally go for the Zegna.

JTA

Reaction score
Hugo Boss Selection has two lines too. Normal "Selection" and "Tailoring" line.

My understanding with Selection line is made by Sarar for the made in Turkey while Tailoring line is higher and made in Germany by Regent.

withstyle

Reaction score
agree with others on Hugo Boss trousers. they are some of my only pre-SF pants that I still enjoy wearing. very nice fit.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by losbolos
How different in terms of construction and fabric quality is HB Selection compared to the Boss Black line? I don't know what the price range of Boss Selection suits are, but how would they fare against let's say an entry-level Zegna that's around $2-$3k range. If they are at around the same price range, I would personally go for the Zegna.

Selection is half canvassed, Black label is fused.

Selection has better button holes.

Selection has slightly better fabrics.

Basically the Selection mainline is a step above the black label.

I couldn't find the hand work on the Selection mainline in the Boss store, but there might be some, whereas the Black label probably doesn't have any at all.

JTA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
Selection is half canvassed, Black label is fused. Selection has better button holes. Selection has slightly better fabrics. Basically the Selection mainline is a step above the black label. I couldn't find the hand work on the Selection mainline in the Boss store, but there might be some, whereas the Black label probably doesn't have any at all.
Seconded above, Hugo Boss Selection is half canvassed and Hugo Boss Selection "Tailoring" is fully canvassed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads