• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Mtm

the.chikor

Reaction score
My MTM Vass shoes arrived -Old Englich II, F last, Oxblood-but looks almost brown.
cheers.gif

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice pix. Interesting last-- combines Hungarian sidewalls with a basically British shape. I wish I'd dug a little harder during my visit there to try one on.

darkoak

Reaction score
Concordia, what are "sidewalls"?

the.chikor, did you not get Vass shoe trees?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never knew the F last has a "flat-top" toebox.

Interesting none the less. Mine would be arriving in 6 weeks.

One more thing, I don't like you got the Old English II, because the vamp and heel broguing don't connect.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
looks more like the P2 than the F last plus this is not the OE2, it is the OE

the finish paint job looks a bit sloppy but i hope they fit you well as i know you have traveled the world "in search of perfection"

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Concordia, what are "sidewalls"?

the.chikor, did you not get Vass shoe trees?

Yes, I did, but they were not lasted and did not fit so well.

the.chikor

Reaction score
They are a bit too short in fit. The size is 43.5. I wrote Gabor and called him-no response. So, I will have to deal with it. I asked for an F last, that is what the box says-although it does look a little bit unique in shape. The finish is good, actually. The sole is a tad bit disturbed b/c I have worn the shoes. I ordered shell cordovan, but got boxcalf.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
They are a bit too short in fit. The size is 43.5. I wrote Gabor and called him-no response. So, I will have to deal with it. I asked for an F last, that is what the box says-although it does look a little bit unique in shape. The finish is good, actually. The sole is a tad bit disturbed b/c I have worn the shoes. I ordered shell cordovan, but got boxcalf.

I've read a few of your interesting posts about the custom orders you've made over the months/years and have just one question: have you ever had a bespoke or MTM order where you got exactly what you ordered, executed completely correctly? Not being snarky, just genuinely curious. You seem to have had some rotten luck over the years.

(I know from experience that bespoke anything is subject to a certain "element of surprise" on arrival, but still, your experience strike me as more variable than most).

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I've read a few of your interesting posts about the custom orders you've made over the months/years and have just one question: have you ever had a bespoke or MTM order where you got exactly what you ordered, executed completely correctly? Not being snarky, just genuinely curious. You seem to have had some rotten luck over the years.

(I know from experience that bespoke anything is subject to a certain "element of surprise" on arrival, but still, your experience strike me as more variable than most).

Not a problem-it is a good question. "More variable than most" - a good way to put it. Yes-Maftei on first pair of shoes they did for me-ankle boot monk straps. Also, they resoled/fit my Klemann's-fit perfect now. The second pair of monk low quarters fit good, but have some minor problems. The third pair they made for me a great-semi brogue low qaurters. The fourth pair I ordered from them, I just cancelled b/c they were so far off in fit and style that I sent them back. 9 months later I had no response, so I just cancelled the order-they kindly obliged without disent. I suspect Koji Suzuki as well, based on the trial shoe. I will find out this month.

Also, keep in mind, although I had a problem with Cleverly, it was fixed and the shoe fits exteremely well-I will go back to Cleverly in the future. One maker who I think made the nicest shoes that I have to date are those made by JP Myhre-by far his leather is the best and I like the shape the best. I finally got the shoe to fit by having the local cobbler stretch it for a couple of days. Now-I think had JP Myhre actually seen the trial shoe on my feet for himself, I think that I would not have had a problem with the fit-but it doesn't matter, as now they are one of my best fitting shoes.

Now, Dimitri Gomez-I won't go back to him. Stretching didn't even phase them. Koji is working on them as we speak. I think Manton once said that all the makers have their own idiosyncratic problems-none of them are "perfect" or something to that effect-I agree. However, still light years ahead of RTW.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
looks more like the P2 than the F last plus this is not the OE2, it is the OE

the finish paint job looks a bit sloppy but i hope they fit you well as i know you have traveled the world "in search of perfection"

LC-I will let you argue with the manufacturer regarding the last and style of the shoe. I asked for an F last Old English II and below is the box that the shoes came in.

I don't search for perfection-only satisfaction. Moreover, many of the shoe makers I have dealt with aren't half as good as their reputation or, dare I say, as they think they are. They can all "talk the talk" but only a few can "walk the walk." The proof is in the pudding.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Yes, I did, but they were not lasted and did not fit so well.

All Vass trees are lasted, AFAIK.

Did you get three piece trees?

- B

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads