• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I've found a decent pair of used shoes, but I need some help before buying

Filipe

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I found this pair of shoes at a local thrift shop and would like to know your opinion regarding their quality. They seem to be in decent condition but the price is $50. Is this too much? Thank you. I'm sorry for posting the links like this, but I don't know why the forum cuts the name of some urls.
eh.gif
Edit: I've decided to attach the pictures.

well-kept

Reaction score
I don't know what is available in Portugal, or what you can buy there for $50. Loake is not a top rank maker. In the U.S., $50 would be much too high for these. If, however, you like them and feel that you can't do better for the same price, the choice is yours.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a "decent pair of used shoes". They are second hand and are not good for you feet at all. Save up and buy new ones which will mould to your feet not those of someone else.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Filipe
Hi everyone. I found this pair of shoes at a local thrift shop and would like to know your opinion regarding their quality.

They seem to be in decent condition but the price is $50. Is this too much? Thank you.

I'm sorry for posting the links like this, but I don't know why the forum cuts the name of some urls.
eh.gif

Edit: I've decided to attach the pictures.

decent?
sarcasm.gif

Those are beat up pieces of ****.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't buy them, at any cost.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to say 'for $50, how can you go wrong'... then I looked at the pictures. They are in terrible condition and don't look like they were particularly good shoes to begin with, I'm not certain but they look like they could be corrected grain too. (I must sound like a broken record, bringing up corrected grain in every thread, but I really hate the stuff
laugh.gif
)

Filipe

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

My budget is really tight, and I have trouble finding good brands in Portugal, so I was trying to find some bargains. Looks like I'll have to keep looking or save for a decent brand.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh they arent that bad, they are wearable (after a cleaning). The price is the worst part.

seems strange that they would cost so much at a thrift store, i have no idea what the baseline in Portugal is though.

In the US, you might have a store realize they are Polo or Gucci shoes and put a $25 price on them. never $50 though.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Filipe
Thanks for the help.

My budget is really tight, and I have trouble finding good brands in Portugal, so I was trying to find some bargains. Looks like I'll have to keep looking or save for a decent brand.

What shoe size are you?

Petrus1

Reaction score
You must be small because no grown man wears a 7. Buy some new shoes and be sure they fit perfectly. At your tiny size you should be able to get them on sale because any 7's around will be hard to sell.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petrus1
You must be small because no grown man wears a 7. Buy some new shoes and be sure they fit perfectly. At your tiny size you should be able to get them on sale because any 7's around will be hard to sell.

Should not be easier. Low demand, but also low supply.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I'm not certain but they look like they could be corrected grain too. (I must sound like a broken record, bringing up corrected grain in every thread, but I really hate the stuff
laugh.gif
)

cg is very popular among rtw brands. these are definitely not cg.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petrus1
You must be small because no grown man wears a 7.

vox does...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads