• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

boots

J.P. Myhre

Reaction score
Dear Sir,
I noticed that you mentioned Working Boots. Here is the best option I can come up with. This picture is showing a pair of Derby Boots made in Reversed Waxed Calf, which means you have the flesh side out. This is a very old method to avoid scratches and damage to the surface. The flesh side also allow you to keep the boot well greased, this to prevent water penetration. After some time you bone the surface of the boot, followed by a mixture of cod lever oil and sheep tallow. It sounds terrible, but when mixed it smells very fresh and nice.
You wount get a polished surface with that treatment, but if you need a more bright finish you may use ordinary shoe polish with the highest possible wax content. I hope you find what you are looking for! In the end of the day, it depends on how much you can spend, I suppose?

Dmntd

Reaction score
When I hear work boots, I think Wesco!
frn_big_lg.gif
swb_hig_sm.gif
swb_fir_sm.gif
swb_pac_sm.gif
They have a good line of RTW work boots and make MTM as well, select a style on the web site then choose custom order to see the options available. There's a 7 week turn around on custom orders, it was 24 weeks the first time I ordered from them. Other then a one time $25.00 fitting charge (if you don't fit a standard size boot/shoe), there MTM boots cost exactly the same as their RTW. Dmntd

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oddly Familiar
I WANT THOSE!
Are you a US 11/11.5? I've been considering selling them and getting a pair of the next size down...

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My CT chukkas, after several polishings, are getting close to how j's look. My creases aren't nearly as nice though. That may be due to my polishing inexperience.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
My CT chukkas, after several polishings, are getting close to how j's look. My creases aren't nearly as nice though. That may be due to my polishing inexperience.
Do you have buildup in the creases? I don't use a lot of polish on the parts that crease, because it just cracks off.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is. It looks like I'm not getting anything in the creases. I've never noticed any cracking.

HitMan009

Reaction score
With the currency exchange rate a little better versus the pound, buying the actual Loake model from Pediwear appears to be the cheaper option.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
I'm not sure what it is. It looks like I'm not getting anything in the creases. I've never noticed any cracking.
Oh yeah - there are trees in those as pictured. That may have something to do with it.

Also, the tighter your shoes fit, within reason, the better looking the creases will be.

jedwards

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
EG Belt in context:
eg10xl.jpg

eg23zc.jpg

Charles Tyrwhitt/Loake Chelsea boots, post-antiquing:
chelseas27cp.jpg

regarding this belt, if it is based on an old military style, then inevitably if we all search google hard enough it will be easy to find a non-brand generic version of this belt.

as cool as it is, I'm sure there will be exact same ones for about £20 somewhere surely?

blackgrass

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiece with Red Wing or Chippewa boots that could tell me which ones they prefer?

Red Wing makes a line of boots that they only market to Europe and Japan. They are more of the classic/vintage style that I really like.
Check out this pair for example:
http://www.volls.de/shop/index.php?c...uct=RW-24-1909

Chippewa also has some nice vintage inspired styles.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
True.

EDIT: I would have to believe the EG belt is made to different specs than this one.

Um.. wow.

Wow.

Fok?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads